As a midwest nygga, I don’t understand why you uncultured peasants talk down on Fish and Spaghetti

invalid

Banned
Daps
Fish and a piece of white bread. Preferably warm.

You Midwestern negroes eat like cacs :mjlol:

US Midwesterners preserved the REAL southern culture.
Ion know what yall nikkas on.

giphy.gif

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lol stop it breh mac and cheese can’t be eaten with a protein??? It’s a reason why only you nikkas eat it and nowhere else. All the foods you named go together…fish and damn spaghetti don’t go together…@ me when when Gordon Ramsey cook that shyt.
When I say "Mac and cheese can't be eaten with a protein", I'm using your logic against you.

There's no reason the foods I listed go together but fish doesn't go with spaghetti. You told us "it's greedy" with no real reasoning. Pasta + protein, with fish being the lightest of these.

I'm not from the Midwest and other posters have gone to bat for the combination that aren't from the Midwest. In fact I haven't set foot in a major Midwest city outside of when I was like 8. So try again.

@ me when Gordon Ramsey cook anything being named in this thread.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
ESPECIALLY you brehs from the south

:gucci:

You country muffukkas will eat pigs feet, pig ass, and pig pussay but act like us real nikkas from STL, Chicago, Detroit, etc are the scum of the earth for daring to eat fish with *gasp* spaghetti.

:dahell:

fukk wrong with y’all?

I never once heard a black person say I can't wait to go up north to eat soul food

Y'all eat non fba/cac meals

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Lol stop it breh mac and cheese can’t be eaten with a protein??? It’s a reason why only you nikkas eat it and nowhere else. All the foods you named go together…fish and damn spaghetti don’t go together…@ me when when Gordon Ramsey cook that shyt.

Man cuz our here making 🍝 wit Sardines, ain't nobody tryna hear that shyt :laugh:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Breh I'm from Memphis and never had a problem eating fish and spaghetti, so I can't relate.:wow:

Right, I need a Coli breh from Mississippi to confirm also. All of us brehs from Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, come from TN, MS, LA so I assumed that's where it came from.

Southern brehs come up here turning they nose up in the air, they getting they black card revoked. Don't give af if your family Gullah and been in the Outer Banks for the pass 300 years.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This might be a midwest thing but the entire US is not midwest

So like I said, I would try it but it’s definitely not a “black thing”

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
US Midwesterners preserved the REAL southern culture.
Ion know what yall nikkas on.

giphy.gif

You see the problem right? She's enormous.

Fried fish with spaghetti as a staple would have you bending steel chairs whenever you sit down.

If I make spaghetti, I'm doing it with lean ground beef, hot Italian sausage :dame: and that's it.

Adding fried chicken/fish to that is putting more weight on already hella heavy food.

Plus yeah, that's not appealing tastewise to me.

Sounds like exactly what it probably is, bulk food slapped together from church kitchens.

invalid

Banned
Daps
You see the problem right? She's enormous.

Fried fish with spaghetti as a staple would have you bending steel chairs whenever you sit down.

:mjlol:

All traditional black food will have us bending steel chairs.
Especially made in the traditional way.

Plus yeah, that's not appealing tastewise to me.

Taste wise, its actually very close to what you find in West African cuisine which leads me to believe that it was a natural pairing for us.
West Africans will fry fish and marinate it in a tomato sauce or stew and include the addition of a carb like rice or pounded yam.
Its essentially the black American version of that - fried fish, tomato sauce, with pasta as the carb.
All the same elements are there.

20190122095653_IMG_1867-01.jpeg