as a kid, what did you do during the summer?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: you know they don't get paid right
maybe if they are idiots, they don't. most of them spread their pay over 12 months to make sure they have coverage.

in advanced countries (except the US), teachers get paid anywhere from half to 3/4 their pay over summer. hell, even in developing countries they get paid.

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
shopping
dHxTFtBidxQHiyb-800x450-noPad.jpg
shopping

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Play my Gameboy, DS, PSP and PS2/3

Play football with rest of kids on the street

Shoot hoops with them too

Ride my bike

timeless

All Star
Daps
Water balloon fights, eating fruit on the porch, trips to restaurants, the fair, Sea World, the Wild Animal Park in San Diego, having sleepovers with friends and cousins. I really miss my childhood summers. 😩

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I played outside from morning til night. Flipping on mattresses, basketball (and crate ball), fukking with girls … then I got older and started getting high and selling drugs in the summer smh

Daps
There was a park literally within visual distance from my house :noah: everyone would conjugate there.

My mom didn't even have to tell me a time to come home. Shed just have to tell out the window and everyone would hear her :mjlol:

We'd be at the park every damn day. Swinging on dem swings as the sunsets :ahh:.

I go on the same swings today and shyt doesn't feel the same...
you just described my childhood, miss those days :mjcry:

who knew we would be hanging out for the last time:to:

Daps
wake up early to watch my favorite cartoon shows, then play outside til night. doing all kinda fukkery.

couldn’t wait to take a shower and lay down on my bed cuz i would be tired as fukk

then repeat next day :to:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
The dilation of time is so real. Summer days as a kid felt like an eternity due to how much you could fit in.

I wonder if its possible to implement that same kind of perceptual shift in awareness beyond the initial experience? You get random glimpses of it when you're really enjoying something and hours fly by like minutes as well as how slow it drags when speaking to someone boring so the mechanism is obviously there.

Now to harness it at will...

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Stayed with my grandparents, and my aunties. It would be me, my siblings, and a few cousins spending a month and a half together. A week out of that summer would be spent in Raleigh with my uncle and aunt.

Had the time of our lives every summer, and we didn’t even do much besides hang out and play on our grandparents land. Highlight of the whole summer was going on the church trip. I miss it.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Basketball on shopping carts :russ:
Go to the park with metal slides:damn:
Swim then eat McDonald’s or ramen with ham:wow:(that’s before finding chashu:feedme:
BMX biking and doing “stunts” on make shift ramps:dead:
MK2 beat downs on Sega:mjgrin:
Press Runner at the Astrodome at the height of Sammy/Mark home run craze before the inevitable steroid story came out years later:wow:
Being too shook to get at the neighborhood bustdown that “liked me”:sadcam:

Parking lot football:damn:
Watching movies/anime:myman:
This grown up shyt is for the birds:mjcry:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Played football/baseball in the middle of the street or abandoned lots, rode bikes, went to see summer blockbusters, went to the boardwalk for rides/amusements, video game arcades all day with $5, summer camp a couple times, Great Adventure, company/church picnics, swimming at the city pool, Little League baseball, house/block parties and cookouts, etc.

Parents wouldn't see us from sunrise until the streetlights came on and we never lost a kid......then the Crack Epidemic came and crushed the buildings.

:snoop:

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
DC had a summer program where I would go to a camp in Vermont the whole summer (2 months) from ages 9 to 14.

The first time:
- I ever left DC
- living with & around cacs (and other cultures,, as a whole)
- hiking and living in the woods
- smelling pure fresh air (no:mjpls:)
- experiencing a no candy inclusive diet (it was forbidden)
- building cabins
- gardening, rock climbing, homesteading, taking care of animals
- being called a n*gger to my face
- whipping a cac's ass in response:birdman:

The experience was a watershed moment in my life:wow:
Though there were good & bad experiences, I learned so much about myself and what I could do and realized the world was bigger than my neighborhood.

Last edited:

SunnyD

All Star
Daps
Summer camps but when I wasn’t there I visited family in other states. Camp counselor when I was old enough for my mom to get me working.