As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

DC has 3 of the 5 most popular superheroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) and can't seem to get it's shyt right.

I'd argue that DC's mythos is more well known to the public than Marvel's and the MCU is still washing them

I doubt the DCEU will ever be competent :mjcry:

They heard your prayers breh, announced a cohesive DCEU plan for the next decade coming soon. :ehh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm tired of grounded batman too but I think they can have him grow into a more fantastical one. it's still early enough
Definitely. Felt like Reeves blurred the lines between grounded and fantastical in his Gotham really well. I need more of that, especially having been so long since Rocksteady concluded their Arkham series.

Reeves and Giacchino are restoring the feelings heavily while also taking in elements from BTAS. I legit haven’t seen it done before in a Bats movie. :ahh:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
A batman movie will probably never clear the 1 billion mark anytime soon or probably ever again. The Nolan movies barely did it, and that's when batman was at his peak popularity wise

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A batman movie will probably never clear the 1 billion mark anytime soon or probably ever again. The Nolan movies barely did it, and that's when batman was at his peak popularity wise

Dark Knight did a billi flat in 2008. That's 1.4 billion today. Same with Rises also making the same amount.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Dark Knight did a billi flat in 2008. That's 1.4 billion today. Same with Rises also making the same amount.
Batman was way more popular back then tho, an dc was in a whole different place at that that time. Their reputation was better. This most recent Batman movie was highly anticipated, first solo Batman movie in years, people wanted to see how Pattinson will do, etc. And it didn't even make 800 million. Are people really looking forward to the sequel like that? I don't know. We'll see. I could very well be wrong.