As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Dark Knight did a billi flat in 2008. That's 1.4 billion today. Same with Rises also making the same amount.
I think the Nolan movies benefited from being the first live action Batman in awhile. They need to give him a break and then bring him back if they want the character's movies to reach a billion.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
The Batman was at 770 mil
Where was it getting that extra 230 mil?
were people here going to see it every weekend for the entire summer :dead:
It did well for a New batman and for having a black catwoman. If you find old batman threads I predicted between 700-800 mil

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Batman was at 770 mil
Where was it getting that extra 230 mil?
were people here going to see it every weekend for the entire summer :dead:
It did well for a New batman and for having a black catwoman. If you find old batman threads I predicted between 700-800 mil

Obviously a lot of people waited to watch the movie on HBO and it also cut off it's legs.. another 45 days gets it there...

'The Batman' had great holds every weekend..

it had one of the highest 2nd weekends ever.

u and the other MCU stans are WRONG yet again :dead: :mjlol:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Obviously a lot of people waited to watch the movie on HBO and it also cut off it's legs.. another 45 days gets it there...

'The Batman' had great holds every weekend..

it had one of the highest 2nd weekends ever.

u and the other MCU stans are WRONG yet again :dead: :mjlol:
false
the sentiment at the time was that this was great for the movie because this was the first big movie after day and date streaming. people were elated to have the 45 day window.
then combine this with the fact that "theaters were back!" everyone preferred going to the theatre more.
than combine this with the fact that dr.strange 2 and Thor 2 do extremely well even though the average person knows about the 45 days rule so at this point it's a normal thing.
now because they need to pay down their debt and hate streaming they want to pretend that the movie would've made more money when it was competing with sonic 2 and then dr.strange 2 if it went further than 45 days
it would've stopped at like 850 then what would be the excuse?
Guarantee that movie was not making 1 billion. How many times did you see this in theaters again?
explain to me how changing the window would bring them to a billion without using spider-man because this is not a spider-man level film.
in fact how much do you think Shazam is making with this new change? are you going to see it?

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Yea it sucks. I got so hungry for content I watched Superman and Superman II. Those movies still hold up and the casts are great. I also think a lot of these superhero movies borrowed a lot from Superman II.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

No it's not false.. do you understand how word of mouth goes? Only a handful of times has a movie opened well over $100M and then only had a 50% drop for the following weekend.. 'The Batman' had one of the highest 2nd weekends ever.... $66M

Then it had great drops every weekend after that..

im well aware of HBO's strategy... they wanted to drive up subs w/ the 45-day release and then stream to HBO Max. They are NOT doing that anymore. Elvis is stayin in theaters. The new execs have a new plan for theaters.. and Thor is just now at $700M not sure where u gettn numbers apart from that. it hasn't had great drops.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
No it's not false.. do you understand how word of mouth goes? Only a handful of times has a movie opened well over $100M and then only had a 50% drop for the following weekend.. 'The Batman' had one of the highest 2nd weekends ever.... $66M

Then it had great drops every weekend after that..

im well aware of HBO's strategy... they wanted to drive up subs w/ the 45-day release and then stream to HBO Max. They are NOT doing that anymore. Elvis is stayin in theaters. The new execs have a new plan for theaters.. and Thor is just now at $700M not sure where u gettn numbers apart from that. it hasn't had great drops.

yeah but box offices because less people want to see it every week.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
lol I mistyped
so now what do you predict Shazam will do with this new rule in place

$366M for the 1st Shazam was good because it had a small budget. i wouldn't expect more than that im not sure how the new regime is going to market the movie. The new CEO says they have their own plan. of course i expect the Reeves 'Batman' universe to continue and they already announced the sequel to Joker