Arrow Season 5 Thread - Arrow is Back

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Arrow: Talia al Ghul is 'Crucial' to the Prometheus Mystery

If there’s one thing that DC’s Arrow has been unafraid to do throughout its current fifth season, it’s been drastically changing the lineup of its main and supporting characters as it sees fit. With this season featuring not only the formation of an entirely new group of Team Arrow vigilantes but also the introductions of notable villains like Tobias Church and the mysterious Prometheus too, it’s been able to give the long-running CW series a much-needed change in dynamic and pacing. However, one of Arrow‘s most-anticipated additions is about to arrive once the series returns from its winter hiatus, with the long-awaited introduction of Lexa Doig’s Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Matt Nable’s Ra’s al Ghul and half-sister to Katrina Law’s Nyssa al Ghul.

Introduced briefly in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, when the group of time-traveling heroes ran into her younger self in the 1960s, the character is said to play a large role in the second half of Arrow season 5, as she enters onto the scene for the first time. Considering how much fans have already seen of both her father and half-sister in the TV series, her introduction should add an interesting new perspective to the mythological history of the al Ghul family.

According to TVLine also, Talia may have a major connection to the season’s unknown big bad as well. Showrunner Wendy Mericle says that the mystery behind Prometheus’ identity “is a gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the season,” and the site reports that as Felicity sets her sights on the villainous vigilante once again – following his role in Malone’s death – Talia al Ghul will also play a “crucial part” in uncovering the character’s true identity. There’s not much more to the report than that either, which means the vagueness behind Talia’s connection to the character will have to wait to be seen.

I'm betting this means he was trained by the League of Assassins as well.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Arrow: Talia al Ghul is 'Crucial' to the Prometheus Mystery

I'm betting this means he was trained by the League of Assassins as well.
Remember in the midseason finale when Prometheus did one of those unnecessary Roy-style flips at that empty office Oliver and the B-Squad fought him at and later Oliver told Diggle that Prometheus did a move that reminded him of someone he used to know or something like that? He was talking about Talia. I guess she shows up in Oliver's Russian flashback as well as in the present day.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This Laurel is gonna be the Earth 2 Laurel that was working with Zoom.

Allows the actress and character to "come back" but with a drastically different, and probably more fun, personality.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Looks like we're gonna have to wait even longer for Megalyn E. to come back as Vixen:

Showtime has ordered to series Jamie Foxx’s “White Famous,” which the network ordered a pilot for in June of 2016. Clearly they liked what they saw.

Tim Story directs and executive produces “White Famous,” which stars Jay Pharoah as a talented, young African American comedian whose star is rising, forcing him to navigate the treacherous waters of maintaining his credibility as he begins to cross-over towards becoming “white famous.”

The project – based on producer/creator Jamie Foxx’s personal experiences (who’ll also have a recurring role in the series) – co-stars Megalyn Echikunwoke as Pharoah’s character’s ex-girlfriend, the love of his life, as well as the mother of his son.

Also Utkarsh Ambudkar plays Pharoah’s frustrated agent who wants his client to do whatever it takes to make it big.

Jacob Ming-Trent and Lonnie Chavis also co-star.

Stephen Tobolowsky guest stars in the series’ pilot.

“I came up from stand-up comedy, so to be able to share that aspect of my life on screen with a project like ‘White Famous’ is incredibly exciting,” said Foxx. “We couldn’t have found better partners than Showtime Lionsgate and Tom Kapinos to tell this story in the best possible way.”

“They say you can’t go home again, but I’m thrilled to be back at Showtime, where I’m equally jazzed to be working with the brilliant Jamie Foxx on the creation of another wickedly profane TV antihero,” added Kapinos.

A co-production between Lionsgate Television and Showtime, the half-hour comedy, executive produced by Foxx and Tom Kapinos (creator of “Californication”), is written by Kapinos, based on an idea by Foxx.

No ETA at this time.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Marc Guggenheim's bullshyt doubletalk from the article:

“Without commenting on the promo, which I have nothing to do with…,” he diplomatically responded, “[and] without commenting on the spoiler, I would say that the episode ends with laying a very specific seed, with a very specific game plan on our part that we hope to see come to fruition.”

“Look, it’s hard to do a show about Green Arrow without having a Black Canary. I don’t know if it will happen this season or when, but… we are going to be true to origins in the DC universe, and she’s always going to be there.”

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Marc Guggenheim's bullshyt doubletalk from the article:

sumbytch is trippin:
he knows he fukked up in season 3.

they pushed "O' fulloshytty" for years because of the twilight fan base,
then lost most of the comic book purist set
and whether they want to admit it or not , that is where the true ratings are coming from.
realized they screwed up and are trying to fix things and get the ratings back