Arrow Season 5 Thread - Arrow is Back

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
'My favorite XMas movie is Die Hard':krs: Mr. Terrible's:trash: man problems:scust: Rene/Rory shoulda toss Evelyn:pacspit: Dig & Young Blarrow, tho:obama: Killa Season 1 throwback:fire: clips:banderas: Prometheus gave Oli that work:francis: Return of DA Smirks:patrice: Speedy suited up for nuthin:dwillhuh: Oops, he Kill Bill-y:lupe: Hate it had to be Felicity:duck: Report Chick got the Juice now:hubie: Feds in the cut:damn: Laurel's officially BACK:mjgrin:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Here's what this show is doing well this season that it hasn't done the past couple: It has a specific focus, it's not jarring tonally, and it's got forward momentum. From episode 1, everything has been building to something and the character moments are pitch perfect. Everyone is the best version of themselves from a character standpoint, everyone's struggle is defined, and Ollie's journey is back to being compelling rather than him just running in place.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
That was one of the best episodes of arrow since season 2
The flashback of gully ollie:banderas:
Prometheus killing randoms to make a point :demonic:
Pro out there playing chess with ollies loved ones:whew:

Ollie back to smashing side chicks on the late night tip:jawalrus:
Reporter chick pouring him that russian bobo vodka:ohhh:
Wild dog has no chance with thea in any universe:mjpls:
Laurel back tho :dwillhuh::krs:
They're really going to kill det lance when he finds out about this fukkery:heh:

They need to let that man drink. Finds out his daughter dies. Than she really didnt die. Than she dies for real. Than she comes back to life. Than his other daughter dies. Now shes back:why::dahell::mindblown:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're really going to kill det lance when he finds out about this fukkery:heh:

They need to let that man drink. Finds out his daughter dies. Than she really didnt die. Than she dies for real. Than she comes back to life. Than his other daughter dies. Now shes back:why::dahell::mindblown:
tumblr_nwn1iePU7H1ubszlfo2_500.gif

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
So they killed ole Roger from American dad in disguise looking dude off?:yeshrug:

At least Laurel bike!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I was kinda :beli: with this episode.

I don't get Evelyn's motivations at all. So we are supposed to buy that she was so upset about learning Oliver used to kill bad guys that she now is going to not only join forces with a serial cop killer but she also is perfectly fine with the other Junior Arrow team getting fukked up too? What type of sense does that make? They didn't do anything to her, they were just as shocked about Oliver's past as The Hood as she was.

None of the scenes with Curtis and his husband were necessary. I honestly forgot dude was even married until they showed his husband last night. Curtis is not an interesting enough character for me to give a damn about how his desire to be a mediocre super-hero damages his relationship with his husband. Maybe if the show hadn't spent so much time making Curtis lame as fukk I would feel differently but they made the decision for Curtis to be completely useless so they have to deal with that viewer apathy towards the character.

The big emotional moment of Oliver killing Felicity's boyfriend fell completely flat because Billy (and I honestly didn't know dude's name was Billy until last night where they said his name probably a million times) was not a character that ARROW's writers/producers spent any time integrating into the fabric of the show aside from maybe a combined 5 minutes of screen time over the course of this entire season.
Killing him does nothing for this show at all aside from highlighting the fact that Emily Bett Rickards is still really bad at doing emotional scenes. Oliver just met this dude in the episode where he died! If the plan was to have Oliver truly reflect on his past as a remorseless vigilante then maybe the better move would have been to kill someone he gave a damn about.
I personally would have used either Quentin, Wild Dog or Ragman. Using Felicity's boyfriend was a complete dud emotionally and was telegraphed from a mile away.

At least the reveal of Laurel at the end was surprising. I knew the actress was coming back this season but I figured she'd get a couple episodes as the evil Black Siren like how she did on The Flash. Wasn't expecting her to pop up in the Arrow Cave like it was no big deal right after Oliver got them Carly Pope panties.

Exactly, I still liked the episode. But yea the whole time I'm like :stopitslime: at ole girls motivation, she mad like Oliver killed her parents or something. Get her out of here

And yea that cornball cop dying was weak but I think the point was to show Oliver how easily people die around him and how he really can't protect anyone.

And extra:camby:with Curtis and his relationships.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
FIUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Dig locked up damn I knew that was a set up:damn:Ollie really back to his routes getting that bedroom action no matter what's happening:myman::salute:AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
kvF2lmZ_zpsfacqhwpq.png

Is that Black Siren??!!!!! Or did Flashpoint alter her to be good but have her abilities like she should?!!! WHAT?! THAT'S HOW IT ENDS?!! JANUARY 25TH!!!?????!!:mindblown::wtf::damn::damn::damn::damn:
Arrow been the top show of the 4 CWs I'm sorry this was Goat. Prometheus FINALLY making a claim for gost Arrow villain contender :banderas:Still can't get over home killing all those dudes, matched them in the same spot, pulled a Mr. J and had Billy taped do he couldn't say anything :demonic:That was a rookie mistake on Ollies part:ufdup:Ol boy was too far plus coming out in the open like that to be him. Prometheus has shown he's calculated in his actions he wouldn't have shown himself like that. Ollie!:ufdup: Felicity actually tried to keep focus on keeping the mission clear:ehh::mjcry:
Kudos to the writers for making her quirky, confident, witty, and likeable again :obama:Ragman:mjpls: