Arranged marriages?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Don't have children unless you really want to. You will regret it otherwise, and they will know.

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
hell no. my parents suck at pairing people. my cousin is currently stuck with a lazy fat bish tha my family got him together with. And we dont do divorce, he's screwed. My mom is always nudging me and pointing out some Quasimodo looking beast man talking about he's nice. ugh. They only care about he's nice- fukk attractive, finances, if we get along, nothing. Shoot even my mom married an obnoxious selfish man, though i love my pops lmao. Im very shy and i feel like men dont notice me but i dont trust my parents man-picking skills. All the women on my mom's side married jerks or have no man.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
hell no. my parents suck at pairing people. my cousin is currently stuck with a lazy fat bish tha my family got him together with. And we dont do divorce, he's screwed. My mom is always nudging me and pointing out some Quasimodo looking beast man talking about he's nice. ugh. They only care about he's nice- fukk attractive, finances, if we get along, nothing. Shoot even my mom married an obnoxious selfish man, though i love my pops lmao. Im very shy and i feel like men dont notice me but i dont trust my parents man-picking skills. All the women on my mom's side married jerks or have no man.

:lolbron: You just went alllll the way in...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Others reasons why I haven't dated is because I'm somewhat of a perfectionist- like I have to have my life in order before I date. I have to have accomplished this, this, and that before I date. Some of the goals are ridiculous, I'll admit. But their are feasible, therefore, it's hard to snap out of it, lol.

There will never be a right time where everything is in order. Stop waiting.

Prynce

Daps
I noticed you :to:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
You're going to have to go through some form of dating before a man will commit to marrying you. My parents had an arranged marriage, and so did most of my South Asian friends' parents. One girl I knew, her parents met on their wedding day. Everything before that was done between the elders of the family.

With this generation, some people just dated and found someone, others were introduced to potential partners by family/friends and dated for a short while before either cutting bait or getting engaged. That's the route you're probably looking at. There are still families who do it the old school way of basically one or two family meetings and then the wedding starts getting planned. Sometimes it works out but there's a big downside risk since the bride and groom don't really know each other at all. I've heard stories of guys turning out to be psychos or girls who had a boyfriend all along but didn't have the spine to tell their families. You want to know the person you're committing to for the rest of your life (hopefully).

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Or you could challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone. Though, I guess going into an arranged marriage is taking a big leap. It's up to you, obviously. You're still young, you've got plenty of time.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps

sorry to hear about your cousin. I feel like my brother is in the same situation although he chose his wife himself.

No no you shouldn't say that.

In previous eras Blacks were lynched, denied equal employment opportunities, and harassed and murdered by poli......oh wait... Well nothing's really changed...

Right.

I should've been born in B.C as an Egyptian with a royal family. :queen: Oh well.