Arranged marriages?

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
I've already said that if it were up to my mother, I'd be well in my 40s and 50s by the time I get married. My father isn't concerned with our personal lives like that.

Either way, they'd choose someone with some money.

Yes, having money is important.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@b o u n c e just chill out, in this country and day and age arranged marriages are not whats up. Sure dating makes you uneasy but just because a marriage is arranged doesn't mean this dude wont be both a lame and a scumbag, the only thing it makes easier is the initial introduction and getting to know each other.

Now if your looking at it strictly to keep your family name going, I'd do like @Vice Queen and make sure it was someone with money that could provide for you....but be ready for dude to expect "typical wife" duties aka a house wife and consistent sex.

Just take it easy, you might want to look at dating someone older if you dont really want to play games. No one crazy old, but someone in there early 30's that's settled and is looking to settle down.

Madrasas

Pro
Daps
The last vestiges of 'arranged marriage' in U.S. culture had basically disappeared by the 1940s. We today in Western culture have a very idealized view of marriage as some sort of fairy tale romance story. In past cultures, and in many of the more 'primitive' cultures today, marriage is less about "till death do you apart" and more of an economic contract.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
No I have other siblings, my oldest brother is married so my parents have one grandchild so far.

We're very family oriented so their desires for me to be successful and get married is essentially mine as well, I just suck and can't function properly to do it on my own :yeshrug:

I thought about that too but I have a bad habit of rejecting people, even the ones I like.

But how do you know you WONT reject your arranged husband? It's going to be especially terrible if you marry him and begin to resent him, which he will pick up on and in turn resent you.

I honestly feel like that particular habit of rejection is done thing you are going to have to work on BEFORE you get married. Whether it is arraigned or otherwise.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. Cultural age gaps are never good.
I dont think its even remotely close to as bad as an arranged marriage in the USA in 2016, especially with what she is describing as what she wants. And nowaday's most men and women 37 and down are into the same things your men and women in there early 20's are.

I'm always shocked at how many dudes and chicks in there early 20's are into music, art, Wrestling, cartoon's, anime and comic's from the early 90's. Most were either 2 or not even born then.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And nowaday's most men and women 37 and down are into the same things your men and women in there early 20's are.

lead_large.png

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I have to remind myself of this all the time, and i only have 3 years on you BTW....you have time. Cultivate yourself. Don't get me wrong, the question is lingering on my mind, moreso the children thing more than the marriage thing, but I remind myself, and I will tell you, you have time.

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
@b o u n c e just chill out, in this country and day and age arranged marriages are not whats up. Sure dating makes you uneasy but just because a marriage is arranged doesn't mean this dude wont be both a lame and a scumbag, the only thing it makes easier is the initial introduction and getting to know each other.

Now if your looking at it strictly to keep your family name going, I'd do like @Vice Queen and make sure it was someone with money that could provide for you....but be ready for dude to expect "typical wife" duties aka a house wife and consistent sex.

Just take it easy, you might want to look at dating someone older if you dont really want to play games. No one crazy old, but someone in there early 30's that's settled and is looking to settle down.

Idk mayn, I'm just so lawst. That's why I started this thread. :dwillhuh:

But how do you know you WONT reject your arranged husband? It's going to be especially terrible if you marry him and begin to resent him, which he will pick up on and in turn resent you.

I honestly feel like that particular habit of rejection is done thing you are going to have to work on BEFORE you get married. Whether it is arraigned or otherwise.

I kinda figured we'd go on a few dates before we settle anything :patrice: