Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
You would think recruiting would be up now that it isn’t war time
theres lowkey been a huge shift in attitude about the military between milenials and zoomers. Zoomers aint with serving with the military like that. My guess is that they were too young or not born yet during 9/11 so they didnt have that flashpoint moment that inspired them to serve or made the military seem like a viable option.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You would think recruiting would be up now that it isn’t war time

No you wouldn't, not if you worked inside the DoD, because you'd know rona made hella folks stay in that would otherwise be out entirely. :whoa:

(It also slowed the training progression of a buncha folks and prevented new trainees from getting pushed through the system in a normal timeline, so there were too many folks staying in and too many new folks barely coming in.) :damn:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@Son Goku which jobs in the Air Force are the most laid back and chill? I'm not trying to get in as a sensor operator anymore or any jobs that require a top secret security clearance.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
For a lot of brothers the military gives them an advantage to life that can't be disregarded. More black people, especially men need to get hip to how the military actually operates and use said resources accordingly.
We should be telling brehs about the non-combat roles and how to use that to transition to a more lucrative career when out. I know of some people who did.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
It got like this during the Iraq/Afghanistan war they was letting everybody in.
And then started bytching and complaining to NCOs about the SHARP issues when, if they didn’t drop standards, a lot of those issues would’ve never occurred

Last edited:

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
If you lie about anything to the recruiter.. and they find out later.. there’s no if and’s or but’s.. they letting you go.. only way around shyt is being upfront with the recruiter.. but shoot your shot.. what you got to loose breh.. times have changed .. when I was in boot camp.. I know a cat that lied about having some type of medical condition.. I’m not sure what it was.. shyt was over 20 years ago.. but we were in the 3rd or 4th week of boot camp.. when they found out.. son was was sent packing and gone in less than an hour…like I said.. times have changed… but it wasn’t a drug test though.. it was something medical.. he had mentioned it and he was mad nervous about the shyt and sure enough… after whatever blood test and other test was done and they found out.. he was gone

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
If you lie about anything to the recruiter.. and they find out later.. there’s no if and’s or but’s.. they letting you go.. only way around shyt is being upfront with the recruiter.. but shoot your shot.. what you got to loose breh.. times have changed .. when I was in boot camp.. I know a cat that lied about having some type of medical condition.. I’m not sure what it was.. shyt was over 20 years ago.. but we were in the 3rd or 4th week of boot camp.. when they found out.. son was was sent packing and gone in less than an hour…like I said.. times have changed… but it wasn’t a drug test though.. it was something medical.. he had mentioned it and he was mad nervous about the shyt and sure enough… after whatever blood test and other test was done and they found out.. he was gone
Yeah I'm not going to lie.