Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Wasn't even joking this time. :whoa:

At the rate they're hurting for bodies, he has a much better chance at getting in with them vs AF/SF. And if they're giving out bonuses for something he could get into and pass? :usure:

Pay grades would be the same but you could promote faster and come out the gate with 15 rack or more in the bank? :gladbron:

Ofc his fitness would need to be better in the Army cause they don't play that AF shyt. :patrice:

Son Goku

Daps
@Son Goku what is their age limit? I'm 36 years old. Still trying for the Air Force though.

35. You'd have to find a way for them to write and grant you an age waiver. :francis: You only have (less than) 3 more years until you're in the same boat for AF.

You should prolly give up on the AF tbh breh. shyt still ain't happened after all these years and the clock is still ticking.
You're gonna be going to basic with dudes literally half your age either way, and that's if you got in before your next birthday. :huhldup:

On top of that, the AF and Space Force (the AF's little brother like the Marines are to the Navy) aren't hurting for bodies. Their manning levels are plush which means they can still be choosy. The Army is like a thirsty dude willing to take home an ugly BBW just to smash while the AF is like a bad bytch that only wants a HVM, and really isn't tryna talk to dudes that aren't.

Not even being mean but: you don't got college credits right?), you're old, you're fitness is lacking, and you might require a few waivers just to be eligible to join- some AF recruiters won't even bother talking to a recruiting candidate like you.

You low-key missed your window a few years back (like 4-5) when the AF was hurting for enlisted bodies. :snoop:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
35. You'd have to find a way for them to write and grant you an age waiver. :francis: You only have (less than) 3 more years until you're in the same boat for AF.

You should prolly give up on the AF tbh breh. shyt still ain't happened after all these years and the clock is still ticking.
You're gonna be going to basic with dudes literally half your age either way, and that's if you got in before your next birthday. :huhldup:

On top of that, the AF and Space Force (the AF's little brother like the Marines are to the Navy) aren't hurting for bodies. Their manning levels are plush which means they can still be choosy. The Army is like a thirsty dude willing to take home an ugly BBW just to smash while the AF is like a bad bytch that only wants a HVM, and really isn't tryna talk to dudes that aren't.

Not even being mean but: you don't got college credits right?), you're old, you're fitness is lacking, and you might require a few waivers just to be eligible to join- some AF recruiters won't even bother talking to a recruiting candidate like you.

You low-key missed your window a few years back (like 4-5) when the AF was hurting for enlisted bodies. :snoop:

@Son Goku

-I do have college credits. I have a two year degree in Business Management.

-I was on anti-depressants , Prozac and something else back in July 2021 and stopped taking them in September 2021. Don't know if that will be an issue for the air force. Took it for social anxiety but discontinued taking it because of too many side effects.

-Am currently taking 10 MG of Amlodipine for high blood pressure.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much, unless you're talking Army SOF units (which have more clout than even Marine ones). Smart recruits realize the Marines have shyttier promotion rates, barracks, and equipment though. :patrice:
you think marines thinking that far?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
c3d627eb-f5b9-414a-8025-2639fb9a33a6_text.gif

Son Goku

Daps
@Son Goku

-I do have college credits. I have a two year degree in Business Management.

-I was on anti-depressants , Prozac and something else back in July 2021 and stopped taking them in September 2021. Don't know if that will be an issue for the air force. Took it for social anxiety but discontinued taking it because of too many side effects.

-Am currently taking 10 MG of Amlodipine for high blood pressure.

Cool. No aggy. :hubie:

That means you're still:
  • An oldhead
  • Gotta get in shape enough to do PT in BMT, not get washed back, and pass your final PT test eval
  • May or may not need waivers for the hypertension/meds
Even if you end up getting the rest of that squared away and don't disclose the prozac and shyt, if it gets found out later you could get charged with a fraudulent enlistment and bounced. Not say it will happen, just that it's something that does happen.

Son Goku

Daps
Might as well let the older 35-55 crowd in honestly.

The associated cost of older folks ain't worth it (yet).

Older folks are more likely to be :flabbynsick: , have higher healthcare costs, and dependents, which the government has to pay more for.

Much easier to get young cats with no kids and no degree than to pay more for an older head to fill the same E-1 through E-3 billets. :francis:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I cant lie, I still want to join the AF myself. Im not :flabbysick: either. I should’ve signed up when @semicko82 was talking about it years ago. I only have 1 more year before my window closes, but I don’t know if it’s worth upending my whole life to enlist. On the other hand, I don’t want to think about this years down the line and wonder what if.

Son Goku

Daps
you think marines thinking that far?

Any smart recruit would do their homework before joining. :yeshrug:

I did and I already knew the pros/cons of the different branches before I even joined. Hell, from watching war movies and TV shows I knew the Marines were the first to fight but had the shyttiest equipment and weaponry, and have always prided themselves on that. :hubie: I'm too bougie to have been a Marine.