Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the automated med history process they use now will very likely pull this info and you'll have a uphill battle with anti-depressant usage this recent.

This. People are talking about the army lowering the education requirement but a major thing driving that is the new system in place. A lot of people will be DQd. So you still need to fill.

Dropping the academic completion requirements but identifying the general aptitude of most graduates you can hopefully fill seats. Besides people still have to be qualified for mos.

It’s likely to be an increase in Quartermasters and ordinance. Not sure why people assume that the combat arm soldiers are less educated coming in.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

I wouldn't trip over this too hard. A big portion of recruiting comes from face to face, school visits, etc - and with many schools just now getting back to a level of normalcy its honestly to be expected when you combine that with the drawdown/requirement adjustments.

6 months and it'll be business as usual. Especially with the economy taking a hit. Standards are gonna shoot right back up soon

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

I wouldn't trip over this too hard. A big portion of recruiting comes from face to face, school visits, etc - and with many schools just now getting back to a level of normalcy its honestly to be expected when you combine that with the drawdown/requirement adjustments.

6 months and it'll be business as usual. Especially with the economy taking a hit. Standards are gonna shoot right back up soon

Most of these young folks are way too :flabbynsick: or soft to make it through basic training anyways. :yeshrug:

Son Goku

Daps
Air Force or Navy. Navy by far has the best schooling and training. We look at other branches like they're slow and or lazy.

And the AF looks at the Navy as a buncha dudes that wanna go out to sea with each other. :dame:

Son Goku

Daps
Don't have nothing going for me really.

Yeah, that's prolly not gonna cut it as a stronk enough reason "why?". :skip:
It'd be one thing if you were younger or less :flabbynsick: , but BMT and certain tech schools will eat you the fukk up. :hubie:

All them flying jobs you wanted? Prolly a no-go physically, you got guys in their 30's already permanently broken from them AFSCs. You think you can hack a maintenance or CE job in either 90+ or -40 degree weather? Air traffic control at a busy airport with a full stack of planes? Hell, even a personnel job when you got angry customers might have you hit the :mjcry: on the job.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, that's prolly not gonna cut it as a stronk enough reason "why?". :skip:
It'd be one thing if you were younger or less :flabbynsick: , but BMT and certain tech schools will eat you the fukk up. :hubie:

All them flying jobs you wanted? Prolly a no-go physically, you got guys in their 30's already permanently broken from them AFSCs. You think you can hack a maintenance or CE job in either 90+ or -40 degree weather? Air traffic control at a busy airport with a full stack of planes? Hell, even a personnel job when you got angry customers might have you hit the :mjcry: on the job.
@semicko82 didn't have nothing going for him before he joined the air force and he seems ok and doing well. He was in the same spot as me pretty much before joining and around the same age as well.

Son Goku

Daps
@semicko82 didn't have nothing going for him before he joined the air force and he seems ok and doing well. He was in the same spot as me pretty much before joining and around the same age as well.

Did @semicko82 need to:
  • Cut weight just to have the recruiter talk to him?
  • Need to potentially lie just to pass his physical?
  • Say that he gets really bad anxiety/not do well under stress?
  • Get in shape just to be able to graduate basic?
  • Wait until the fifth worst-ever epidemic in the history of man fukked retention numbers?
:usure:

Let's not assume y'all are in the same boat just because he was an older recruit.

Don't enlist. This is coming from someone who enlisted at a older age.
Get you a trade or certifications.

So we're picking and choosing what we're going with in this thread? :skip:

Gotcha. :unimpressed:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Did @semicko82 need to:
  • Cut weight just to have the recruiter talk to him?
  • Need to potentially lie just to pass his physical?
  • Say that he gets really bad anxiety/not do well under stress?
  • Get in shape just to be able to graduate basic?
  • Wait until the fifth worst-ever epidemic in the history of man fukked retention numbers?
:usure:

Let's not assume y'all are in the same boat just because he was an older recruit.

So we're picking and choosing what we're going with in this thread? :skip:

Gotcha. :unimpressed:
Never mind you're right when you break it down like that. Still I need to do something with my life.

Son Goku

Daps
Never mind you're right when you break it down like that. Still I need to do something with my life.

Not disagreeing with that, just saying that maybe the armed forces aren't that in your case. :ld:

I already told you what time it is. It's your life, your decision, and they'll be your successes or failures. :hubie: