ARMS

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's as fun as I thought it was during the testpunch.
I heard difficulty 4 (medium, unlocks ranked matches online) is super hard so I took it to difficulty 3 for my first GO. I lost the first fight twice on a row right out the gate. Then I got my legs under me and won all 10 matches in a row to beat the GP. I lost 2 rounds. One to Ninjara and one to the last boss. I got one perfect against Helix and I won a round of Hoops and V-Ball each with out being scored on once. Waste of my time, should've gone straight to 4.
It's disappointing that there's no story at all though. Like not even a little Street Fighter II style story board at the end. Just a generic cutscene. :francis:
You could tell it was done by the Mario Kart team, for better or worse

Ribbon Girl is a damn beast

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't played this yet but I'm sure it's better than Street Fighter V

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Beat Level 4 to unlocked Ranked mode. It wasn't that hard tbh. It only lost twice on level 4. Once to Twintelle and once to the last boss. Maybe Ribbon Girl is just OP or something but she's a damn animal once you get her movement down.

I put the cartridge in and kept getting a data corrupted code. I thought my game was defective. It worked after a while I guess it had to update or sumthing. Played about 10 matchs and got bodied on all of them. Any tips on how to play this?

Rell Shyt

Play offline in GP for a while and try to find your character. Keep in mind arms matter quite a bit. I like Ribbon Girl's "Sparky". It doesn't do a lot of damage but it's fast and when charged it disables both of the opponent's arms for a second and you can get in a hit free or a throw.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I put the cartridge in and kept getting a data corrupted code. I thought my game was defective. It worked after a while I guess it had to update or sumthing. Played about 10 matchs and got bodied on all of them. Any tips on how to play this?

Rell Shyt
Stay on the move and don't flail your arms like mad. The mistake I've seen most is people throw both punches fast and leave themselves wide open for combos and grabs.
The game plays like a boxing game at its core.
I throw a punch and watch for an opening I can connect with my other arm. If I don't see one I throw another punch, but I stick to one at a time until I see an opening.
Playing arcade(story) mode gets you better. I crushed level 4 difficulty and have yet to beaten online. I tried the max difficulty and it was nuts.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Everyone online I've seen who played this game has no idea how to play it and the game doesn't explain well how to play it either. :heh:
I thought the tutorial was sufficient.
The mechanics are simple, the rest is developing a strategy and learning how to read movements and look for openings.