ARIKA - Fighting Layer EX [PS4] 2018 release

Micron

Pro
Daps
I didn't play the beta. Is it true

1) Garuda's teleport and 623K anti-air were removed?
2) There is no longer anything guaranteed after Hokuto/Shirase's command grab?
3) Darun's chest stun was removed?
4) There were no meteor combos?

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I didn't play the beta. Is it true

1) Garuda's teleport and 623K anti-air were removed?
2) There is no longer anything guaranteed after Hokuto/Shirase's command grab?
3) Darun's chest stun was removed?
4) There were no meteor combos?

The game is pretty much EX plus Alpha (but linking normals is fluid AF, you can run and backdash), added a Perk system like CoD, Aggro, Shinobi, Juggernaught and Miracle its cool i guess but it really should be cut imo.

1. Garudas teleport wasnt there, he couldnt do the 360 Spinning super anymore either and what anti air?

2 and 3. I didnt use Hokuto or Darun in Online fights at all

4. No

This game is like a reboot in a way, to reintroduce EX to a new gen so expect EX1 characters mixed with some Fighting Layer things (possibly characters too)

Must buy if you really like EX.

Beta gets a 9/10 from me.

Micron

Pro
Daps
The game is pretty much EX plus Alpha (but linking normals is fluid AF, you can run and backdash), added a Perk system like CoD, Aggro, Shinobi, Juggernaught and Miracle its cool i guess but it really should be cut imo.

1. Garudas teleport wasnt there, he couldnt do the 360 Spinning super anymore either and what anti air?

Thanks. I hadn't seen it in any vids so I assume the teleport was gone.
His anti-air is called Raiga. It's the move where the blades come out of his shoulders as his faces the screen.

In the first two EX games, his DP(Kizan) was more for damage and his raiga was for AA. I was told he still has the Kienbu(top spin) but he can't move with it anymore. I still have no idea about the air throw. I literally found out about the beta the day after it was over. Quite frustrating. Honestly, 2 hours was all I needed. Hopefully they will have another Beta with more characters.

D.Dark and Blair bring the roster to 8. However I suspect

Jack
Pullum Purna
Rosso
Shadow Geist
Sharon
Area
Nanase

will make the game from the SFEX series. I'm not sure about Hayate though since he was only in EX2. In terms of Fighting Layer characters

Lan
Exodus
Sesshu
Clemence

maybe Tetsuo, Joe and Janis. The rest I don't see fitting in with the game engine. I have high hopes. EX series was fun and Fighting Layer was not bad either.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Thanks. I hadn't seen it in any vids so I assume the teleport was gone.
His anti-air is called Raiga. It's the move where the blades come out of his shoulders as his faces the screen.

In the first two EX games, his DP(Kizan) was more for damage and his raiga was for AA. I was told he still has the Kienbu(top spin) but he can't move with it anymore. I still have no idea about the air throw. I literally found out about the beta the day after it was over. Quite frustrating. Honestly, 2 hours was all I needed. Hopefully they will have another Beta with more characters.

D.Dark and Blair bring the roster to 8. However I suspect

Jack
Pullum Purna
Rosso
Shadow Geist
Sharon
Area
Nanase

will make the game from the SFEX series. I'm not sure about Hayate though since he was only in EX2. In terms of Fighting Layer characters

Lan
Exodus
Sesshu
Clemence

maybe Tetsuo, Joe and Janis. The rest I don't see fitting in with the game engine. I have high hopes. EX series was fun and Fighting Layer was not bad either.

OH yeah his shoulder blades move lol didnt what you meant by anti air but it came back to me, and about the roster we made predictions in this thread i think , ive been making predictions and its always been who i thought it would be lol

Dark then Blair was revealed, im predicting Jack is next....

And yeah i wouldnt get hopes up for EX2 characters

EX1 and Fighting Layer seems to be a Lock.

Went 31-9 in the ranked, just totally running through dudes online, the game plays the way i wanted it to, went 18-1 when i first started my streak. I stopped because my Plus subscription ended, therefore no more Beta ranked for me.

Playing this beta was like a dream come true for real.

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Daps
@Amor fati

Jack confirmed

Fighting-EX-Layer-Cracker-Jack_01-23-18-400x225.jpg

I knew it

Last edited: