Aries Spears HATES Black Nepotism

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps

1:45

- "Someone who has a famous parent in Hollywood is not guaranteed a role, but they get to go skip the line to get acting roles"
- " Alot of people who do not have famous parents never get to the front of the line, or even get to the front door"
- "If you have to eat, breath, sleep this acting shyt, you will feel a certain way about Actors that got on because of Nepotism"
- "On top of all the stresses of becoming an actor, you got your rent, your mortgage, feed your kids, support your girl, etc..... And if you don't make it what is your backup plan???!?"
- "Denzel Washington's son gets to skip the line and work with the A list directors, writers, producers, etc

fukk all that, I love Black Nepotism :blessed:

In fact, I feel Black people don't practice this enough :ehh:. For some reason we love these "get out of the gutter" stories. Instead of a "Oh my father is a lawyer and he got me connected to get hired at a prestigious law firm"
We would be in a WAY better position in society if we practiced what other races have been doing for hundreds of years. But I guess that's a topic for another day

Lol @ being brainwashed into loving nepotism. It's one thing to say "nepotism is a way of life, and it is what it is" and another to say "yeah, I looooove the fact that regular people like me might get passed over for positions because someone less talented has an inside track".

Nepotism helps out the comparatively few black people that manage to reach a certain class and thus have certain influence. TF is it doing for black people as a whole?

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Aries complaining from a place of just utter bullshyt......boys a fukking slob who has let himself fall into complete disrepair and mad because he can't compete......he has no real argument.....nobody want see his ass on they screen in no leading man role

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Lol @ being brainwashed into loving nepotism. It's one thing to say "nepotism is a way of life, and it is what it is" and another to say "yeah, I looooove the fact that regular people like me might get passed over for positions because someone less talented has an inside track".

Nepotism helps out the comparatively few black people that manage to reach a certain class and thus have certain influence. TF is it doing for black people as a whole?

"Life isn't fair" babble

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

It's a lowkey defeatist mindset a lot of posters on here have. They don't believe they can fight against this so they "give in and accept it". People already live vicariously through celebrities...so this is another way for them to see it as a win for themselves.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good points.

We need to get to a point where there are a ton of Black people that can afford to give their kids a leg up.

A leg up doesnt mean getting roles that you arent fit for. How about finding something you can actually do in the same field as your parent? Rather than being an underqualified embarrasment to your parents legacy:respect:?

We know it happens,but I agree with Aries that I dont like it in certain circumstances.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
It's a lowkey defeatist mindset a lot of posters on here have. They don't believe they can fight against this so they "give in and accept it". People already live vicariously through celebrities...so this is another way for them to see it as a win for themselves.
Exactly. Like I said, we all know that's how the world works. But it disadvantages the regular person in favor of those that may be undeserving (obviously everyone that benefits from nepotism is not unqualified). How is that something to celebrate when you're not even in that group that benefits? Like you said, people live vicariously through celebrities, on some "when they win, I win" shyt when no, you don't.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
In general I do not support nepotism it's a wrong way to go about things.
I rather everything be based on merit and each individual true ability.
however due to long history of racism the scales are unbalanced and so are the rules so black people have to get in anyhow they can be it nepotism so be it.
You can't have only white people enjoying from it and everyone slaving behind their relations

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Black people need to support nepotism and capitalism.
Nepotism is something all ethnic groups and races participate in. Black people with means should put their kids on. I don’t see why not. If I acquire wealth, my kids will never struggle and will have jobs thanks to me. fukk what anyone else thinks.

Black people have an idealistic understanding of the world’s workings and we get hung up on fairness, justice, equality, etc. The world isn’t fair. Get real
So nepotism is code word for "picking the best and not mediocre"? Of course they should. Person will great influence or power has notoriety.

The higher the status, the better your odds of survival

Black people should adopt nepotism more often.