Are turn-based rpg dead?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Like I told Supreme, play Legend of Heroes: trails in the sky first. Personally I think it has a better story and characters though like I said it has a slow start.

Trails of Cold Steel is solid but as far as story and characters and just having that fun "adventure epic" feel, I think Trails in the Sky is still the better series.

I think you'll appreciate cold steel more if you played t*ts( :lolbron:) first

How's that battle system tho

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I'm sure there will be a few that disagree but I would recommend playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky series first. The first game has a bit of a slow start but as you move from that to the second game (its a series and the sequel is a continuation of the first) its probably one of my favorite RPGs ever :wow:

Can any of the games in this trilogy be found on the PSN store? I know it got ported to the PSP, a product I don't have and ain't too willing to spend on with me currently gunning for a Vita as well.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Can any of the games in this trilogy be found on the PSN store? I know it got ported to the PSP, a product I don't have and ain't too willing to spend on with me currently gunning for a Vita as well.
Trails of cold steel is definately on the store for ps3 and vita. It's even on ps now if you want to try to rent it

Trails in the sky I think I saw it on there for vita

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
:yeshrug:

Just posted a new one thats coming out later this month on the Official SEGA thread. Turn based isnt gonna die any time soon

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
As long as Pokemon is still relevant...turn based games will be up for grabs and always the "new" hype. I am Setsuna did well, Banner Saga got a sequel, and of course South Park is killing it. Square taking it out of the FF7 remake was plain dumb, especially since we're inundated with Action rpg's constantly.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Trails of cold steel is definately on the store for ps3 and vita. It's even on ps now if you want to try to rent it

Trails in the sky I think I saw it on there for vita

Word? Cool. Definately will look for 'em, much appreciated.