Are turn-based rpg dead?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad about it. It's as it should be. Turn-based shyt gets the :camby: from me
:umad:

Turn based still alive and kicking.

New South Park
I Am Setsuna
Trails of Cold Steel
Persona 5
World of FF
SMTIV

Those real time RPG games need to develop better gameplay systems because them shyts try to be tactical and RPG at the same time be ass. FFXV wants to play like an action game yet it feels sluggish and can be played by just holding O.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Thank God I hated those turn based games so Damn repetitive every where you walked some battle spawned that was boring as shyt
A lot of modern Turn based games have removed random encounters and actually address a lot of the issues with older turn based games.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a great series for folks to get into if you want to experience a traditional JRPG that takes care of those minute issues. Then you can check out the Trails of Cold Steel after that.

Of course Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games are a good example with SMTIV being the latest entry along with SMTIV: Apocalypse.

We got of course FF15 and Ni no Kuni 2 coming up. If anything I would say JRPGs turn base games maybe had a slump last gen but this gen we got a few games coming up that look like fun.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Alive and well
trails-of-cold-steel.jpg

A lot of modern Turn based games have removed random encounters and actually address a lot of the issues with older turn based games.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a great series for folks to get into if you want to experience a traditional JRPG that takes care of those minute issues. Then you can check out the Trails of Cold Steel after that.

Of course Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games are a good example with SMTIV being the latest entry along with SMTIV: Apocalypse.

We got of course FF15 and Ni no Kuni 2 coming up. If anything I would say JRPGs turn base games maybe had a slump last gen but this gen we got a few games coming up that look like fun.

:lupe:
Going to give this a try after I finish with Jeanne d' Arc

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Thank God I hated those turn based games so Damn repetitive every where you walked some battle spawned that was boring as shyt

fukk you buddy. Final Fantasy 3(6) is one of the best games ever. I'd love for a competent Turn based JRPG to come to fukking Xbox One. Give me a final fantasy X HD remake or something.