Are turn-based rpg dead?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:lupe:
Going to give this a try after I finish with Jeanne d' Arc

I'm sure there will be a few that disagree but I would recommend playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky series first. The first game has a bit of a slow start but as you move from that to the second game (its a series and the sequel is a continuation of the first) its probably one of my favorite RPGs ever :wow:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I'm sure there will be a few that disagree but I would recommend playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky series first. The first game has a bit of a slow start but as you move from that to the second game (its a series and the sequel is a continuation of the first) its probably one of my favorite RPGs ever :wow:

Vita?​

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Turn base is more handheld mobile and PC now.

It has a strong following that is very loyal.

Console rpgs still on that action combat wave....

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Alive and well
trails-of-cold-steel.jpg
Is this worth it?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Is this worth it?

The gameplay (fighting) is solid, and very reminiscent of classics like Legend of Legaia. Voice acting is trash as usual (stick to Japanese, Eng; subs) and the character models are a bit stiff.

Grandia 2 is easily one of the best JRPG's ever made, with the best combat system. If you haven't played it, find it, beat it.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Is this worth it?
Like I told Supreme, play Legend of Heroes: trails in the sky first. Personally I think it has a better story and characters though like I said it has a slow start.

Trails of Cold Steel is solid but as far as story and characters and just having that fun "adventure epic" feel, I think Trails in the Sky is still the better series.

I think you'll appreciate cold steel more if you played t*ts( :lolbron:) first

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Like I told Supreme, play Legend of Heroes: trails in the sky first. Personally I think it has a better story and characters though like I said it has a slow start.

Trails of Cold Steel is solid but as far as story and characters and just having that fun "adventure epic" feel, I think Trails in the Sky is still the better series.

I think you'll appreciate cold steel more if you played t*ts( :lolbron:) first
I have trails in the sky but I haven't played it yet