Are Hispanics justified in piggy-backing the Black American experience?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If the fight isn't over why don't you take help from other ppl?
no other group is offering any real help, what are you talking about? groups look after themselves first (except black americans), while everyone else is using us a leg up to boost their own tribes.

why are you afraid to post your ethnicity? i'm not going to demonize you, i just want to know where you're coming from.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay. So, what is the difference between a black american born today, and the child of, let's say, a black immigrant born today?
All blacks get discrimination but you are asking about Mexicans which aren't black. Black Hispanics are black. Stupid question. What discrimination do Mexicans who are not illegal get that black people need to help Mexicans with?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
no other group is offering any real help, what are you talking about? groups look after themselves first (except black americans), while everyone else is using us a leg up to boost their own tribes.

why are you afraid to post your ethnicity? i'm not going to demonize you, i just want to know where you're coming from.

So, again, you're making it sound like black americans need extra help.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A black Hispanic would put black on an application or form. So why do you think non black Hispanics need AA, and the support of black organizations? There are Hispanic organizations in place in America who fight for Hispanic rights.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
All blacks get discrimination but you are asking about Mexicans which aren't black. Black Hispanics are black. Stupid question. What discrimination do Mexicans who are not illegal get that black people need to help Mexicans with?

Black ppl don't gotta help mexicans with anything. Mexicans themselves take advantage of whatever they can:

President Kennedy became the first to utilize the term "affirmative action" in Executive Order 10925 to ensure that that government contractors "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."[17] This executive order realized the government's intent to create equal opportunities for all qualified people. This executive order was eventually amended and superseded by Lyndon B. Johnson's Executive Order 11246 which prevented discrimination based on race, color, religion, and national origin by organizations which received federal contracts and subcontracts. In 1967, the order was amended to include sex as well.[18] The Reagan administration was opposed to the affirmative action requirements of Executive Order 11246, but these contemplated changes faced bi-partisan opposition in Congress.[18]

The ideal of it was for everyone to get a fair shake, it seems. It's not like Native American reparations

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
although you keep suggesting we need help, let's say that you're right. what does that have to do with foreigners and illegals usurping opportunities meant for blacks?

you're mexican, right?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
A black Hispanic would put black on an application or form. So why do you think non black Hispanics need AA, and the support of black organizations? There are Hispanic organizations in place in America who fight for Hispanic rights.

btw, @TheLesserEvil thinks that only black americans can take advantage of it...

I just posted some info from wiki...seems like it's for everybody :yeshrug:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Again you never answer the question. You most likely are a white Hispanic who is mad that they aren't eating like white americans.
"So why do you think non black Hispanics need AA, and the support of black organizations? "

I've already answered that. Anyone that can be discriminated against gets AA. The black orgs don't have to help them, they'll help themselves

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Again you never answer the question. You most likely are a white Hispanic who is mad that they aren't eating like white americans.
although you keep suggesting we need help, let's say that you're right. what does that have to do with foreigners and illegals usurping opportunities meant for blacks?

you're mexican, right?

He's Dominican.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"So why do you think non black Hispanics need AA, and the support of black organizations? "

I've already answered that. Anyone that can be discriminated against gets AA. The black orgs don't have to help them, they'll help themselves
Yet everyone else nonblack gets hired more than blacks with or without AA. If you aren't getting hired, maybe you need to revise your resume, don't demand blacks to Cape for you.