Are Hispanics justified in piggy-backing the Black American experience?

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Ann Coulter(kek) brought up this point recently when she was debating someone and I found it interesting, "The reason we have civil rights laws, racial set asides, affirmative action, is to make up for the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow by Democrats, I might add. It is not for people who just set foot in this country yesterday to piggy back on that very unique history in America and start claiming affirmative action."

First I want to say this, I feel these liberal polices have been terrible for the black community, and all one needs to do to verify this is just compare hard evidence on "the legacy of slavery" with hard evidence on the legacy of liberals policies that started in the 1960s.

But I won't get into that. What I want to know is if the logic behind why blacks needed liberal polices in the first place was due to our unique history in america than why are Hispanics automatically awarded the same treatments? Now, I have heard ppl say, "They're a minority and whitey is racist, so they need the same treatment blacks get regardless of their history being different from blacks". Well, okay, sounds nice. They're non-white, i'll give you that. But the problem with this logic is it doesn't stand up to the test of evidence!

Asians are non-white too, so by any objective measure they're minorities and are out doing Whites in socioeconomic achievements, so logically just being a non-white isn't a valid reason for why Hispanics deserve the polices that Backs have received because of Slavery/Jim crow. Despite this fact Hispanics still portray their "oppression-hood" to be equal to that of Blacks in America, or maybe that's just the Democrat party(kek)

Anyway, in closing, do ppl on the root feel it's okay for Hispanics to piggyback the Black American experience?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
they can benefit from the rights black people fought and died for, but they don't have the ability to piggyback on the black american experience because they aren't black americans; its truly as simple as that.

And btw, the abuse and overuse of the term "hispanic" to homogenize a RADICALLY diverse set of people, for collective benefits and power in numbers, needs to be addressed. the whole "hispanics outnumber whites, others in america" thing is pretty ridiculous because Cubans are different from Puerto Ricans, whom are different from mexicans, colombians, argentinians, brazilians, spanish, etc

but they're all "hispanic" when it comes to a vote or 'voice'.

there truly is no one hispanic race :sitdown:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Ann Coulter(kek) brought up this point recently when she was debating someone and I found it interesting, "The reason we have civil rights laws, racial set asides, affirmative action, is to make up for the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow by Democrats, I might add. It is not for people who just set foot in this country yesterday to piggy back on that very unique history in America and start claiming affirmative action."

First I want to say this, I feel these liberal polices have been terrible for the black community, and all one needs to do to verify this is just compare hard evidence on "the legacy of slavery" with hard evidence on the legacy of liberals policies that started in the 1960s.

But I won't get into that. What I want to know is if the logic behind why blacks needed liberal polices in the first place was due to our unique history in america than why are Hispanics automatically awarded the same treatments? Now, I have heard ppl say, "They're a minority and whitey is racist, so they need the same treatment blacks get regardless of their history being different from blacks". Well, okay, sounds nice. They're non-white, i'll give you that. But the problem with this logic is it doesn't stand up to the test of evidence!

Asians are non-white too, so by any objective measure they're minorities and are out doing Whites in socioeconomic achievements, so logically just being a non-white isn't a valid reason for why Hispanics deserve the polices that Backs have received because of Slavery/Jim crow. Despite this fact Hispanics still portray their "oppression-hood" to be equal to that of Blacks in America, or maybe that's just the Democrat party(kek)

Anyway, in closing, do ppl on the root feel it's okay for Hispanics to piggyback the Black American experience?

Short answer, yes.

Pretty much any group that might be in the minority or discriminated against benefits

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Yeah it's horse shyt they can claim a pretend group and also get benefits just for being a minority, even though they didn't go through shyt.

yeah those darn mexicans dont go thru shyt. livin all comfortably in there nice, not corrupted country and then buying up our mansions here in america. and there mos def arent people like you who hate them just for being mexican amiright?

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah those darn mexicans dont go thru shyt. livin all comfortably in there nice, not corrupted country and then buying up our mansions here in america. and there mos def arent people like you who hate them just for being mexican amiright?

Break the law brehs and think the world owes you everything, a job, benefits, housing, free schooling, daycare, free everything that is possible to get free, while avoiding to put your money in banks, and only paying for store tax in a country you illegally entered.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Break the law brehs and think the world owes you everything, a job, benefits, housing, free schooling, daycare, free everything that is possible to get free, while avoiding to put your money in banks, and only paying for store tax in a country you illegally entered.

Since when did we care about the fukkin law? its about survival.