Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then take yo sorry ass to those Chinese and Latinos places then.:gucci:

This why is I give up on the black community because nikkas always complaining about something so meager. We can't afford to cheap out on each. Hell we can't afford to compete with $10 Chinese cuts. The hell y'all want barbers to do where $60 a month is too much?:dahell:

My old barber that charged $13 went to jail for selling cocaine. Brehs out here trying to do something positive but "Oh no that's too much:damn:

Don't you want them to have money for their families or to at least go to school?:mindblown:

$50 is crazy but y'all complaining about $30 cuts:mindblown:
Yeah how are these guys gonna survive on a measly $30-$60 per hour.

:stopitslime:

you sound like a waiter mad cause he didnt get a tip.

Zime

Superstar
Daps
I live in the UK and I know a barber that does basic cuts for £5 ($6). But most are like ($9 - $10).

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Last haircut I got I payed $30 with a $5 tip...didn't even take 30 min.

Only reason I went to get a cut was because I had to go to a NYE party and didn't have the time to cut my own hair.

But it's alot cheaper to cut your own hair especially if you have short hair.

I invested like $100 into my hair cutting equipment but in the long run it's saved me alot of $$$$$ and trips to the barber.

I done got so good at it, I've got myself 2 clients now.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
$50 for a haircut every 2 weeks is insanity. I already feel like shyt paying 20 + tips considering it was only 12-15 bucks growing up.

Cut it yourself and save a ton of money.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I pay $25 now, I remember back in 2010 ish I was only paying $10-$12 for a haircut plus shave, my facial hair doesn't really grow extremely thick.

That shyt has gone up like $10-$15 in under a decade.

I might go get me a pair of Wahl's and learn how to line and fade my own shyt.

I go to the barbershop like twice a week. Usually one day for a cut and 3-4 days later for an edge up and keep my line looking fresh.

I know a lot of cats only go like once every two or three weeks but I like my line and taper to stay looking fresh. That 2-3 weeks doesn't cut it for me.
Man what your hair like looking like ?

Mine is very nice I use to go once a week but now I’m cool with once every two weeks .

My hair grows crazy fast but now make him cut with the clippers then go over with the razor .

After a week my shape up still looks great !!!!

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Man what your hair like looking like ?

Mine is very nice I use to go once a week but now I’m cool with once every two weeks .

My hair grows crazy fast but now make him cut with the clippers then go over with the razor .

After a week my shape up still looks great !!!!
My hair grows fast and my line isnt as defined and my taper goes to trash after about a week. Its still manageable, but I just like it staying crisp.

Look at a guy like Jalen Rose for example. I know he's not your stereotypical example, but that dude ain't going 2 weeks between cuts he's getting his head maintained at minimum once a week. I suspect more because his line and taper always look crisp.

I wasn't blessed with his level of genetics as far that, but mine isnt bad and I work as a school administrator so I'm always dealing with people. I like my facial hair, taper, and line to stay looking on point.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Only reason I'm still paying $20 is because I'm tight with my barber....I'll be damned if I pay $30+ :camby:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's to expensive then again so are smartphones, sneakers, and most clothes.

Nike charging you $200 plus for some shoes it might have cost them $10-$20 to make material and all.

Same for Apple with those iPhones you really think Apple manufactures them anywhere near $1,100, but no one is complaining about that either though.

That said a little line up and a fade isn't worth no more than $15-$20. Barbers charging $30 plus for that is highway robbery, but then again so is a lot of other things.

Doesn’t help with social media and every gen z celeb encouraging the youth to spend their dimes on these high priced items

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
My hair grows fast and my line isnt as defined and my taper goes to trash after about a week. Its still manageable, but I just like it staying crisp.

Look at a guy like Jalen Rose for example. I know he's not your stereotypical example, but that dude ain't going 2 weeks between cuts he's getting his head maintained at minimum once a week. I suspect more because his line and taper always look crisp.

I wasn't blessed with his level of genetics as far that, but mine isnt bad and I work as a school administrator so I'm always dealing with people. I like my facial hair, taper, and line to stay looking on point.
Do you get razor cuts ?

I understand wanting to stay clean .

You can stay fresh between by cutting yourself .

Im starting to think cutting every week like that isn’t good but I’m not sure .