Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My barber increased his price after Christmas, that was my last cut. I'm now mastering the fade & doing a sharp line up with the razor blade.

My girl cant tell I done it myself, she think I went to the barbers:lolbron:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No

its called inflation.

back in the 90’s a cut was max like $10...

Gas was also .99 cents

shyt changes... adjust and stop being cheap about shyt like that.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Left my barber of over 10 years a couple years back for raising his cuts from $20 to $30.

Dominicans by me charge $15 for a better cut, leave $5 tip and never gotta wait, chase dude down, talk cuz yo no hablo AND they're open as early as 8:30 am so I can get a cut before work sometimes if I feel like it.

Gotta find your fit :yeshrug:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
When I read threads like these I swear there are A LOT less black people on here than claim to be.

The barbershop has ALWAYS been more than just a haircut, there's also social interaction, which judging by some of these threads A LOT of you are missing.

I couldn't imagine being mad at paying for a service when I know it'll benefit the community (no matter where the money goes once it leaves my pocket), you want to be outraged at something, try these ridiculous ass taxes, not the man trying to make a living.

Keep on doing your bathroom haircuts, but I'm going to let you in on a secret. Everyone can tell you didn't get that "haircut" at a shop.

Stay forever dusty thecoli.
So how much you paying for a cut :mjgrin:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Boi if u don't-:mjlol:

I'm black too. I got a family. I got bills. I'm not overpaying for a haircut because the person is black (which they better be anyways).

When you go to the weed man, do you give him 10-20 dollars over the price because his business is black owned?

That's fine. When this ship sinks 30-40 years from now and blacks have zero net worth I'll be quoting y'all. :hubie: Brothas just trying to make a living, but I see how it is. Y'all really want dudes to cut for $15 in the year 2020

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
They are not pulling that $50 shyt in NY where brehs are getting cuts. Maybe CAC areas but you’re getting a fukking MacGuyver looking haircut mixed with Bieber.

Anything over $25 is robbery.

I pay $15 for a lineup and beard and tip $5 and keep it moving since I have tons of hair on my head that doesn’t need to be touched.

And most of the time I don’t even get the hairline lined up since the hair covers it anyway.

For $50 the damn barber better come to your crib with 4 wings and fried rice (for you to eat) and better fill you in on the impeachment hearings.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It's to expensive then again so are smartphones, sneakers, and most clothes.

Nike charging you $200 plus for some shoes it might have cost them $10-$20 to make material and all.

Same for Apple with those iPhones you really think Apple manufactures them anywhere near $1,100, but no one is complaining about that either though.

That said a little line up and a fade isn't worth no more than $15-$20. Barbers charging $30 plus for that is highway robbery, but then again so is a lot of other things.
That's a bad example, are you being charged every time you put on your shoes?

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
I'd only pay$ 30 to 35 for just a cut if the barber is appointment only and on time.

Now these barbers doing designs and reverse engineering brehs hairlines deserve 50 to 100 for some of the work they doin .

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I had to switch to a Salvadorian barber because the old one was wildin out, I would book appointment and everytime I would show up someone else was in the chair, so I had to wait and he increased by 10$. My new barber charges 18$ (used to be 15) and my shyt is crisp af

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I’ve had the same barber most of my life (was my dads barber so it stay in the fam) so the prices always stayed pretty steady. I also stay growing my shyt out tho so I rarely need a whole cut :blessed:

his kids cut hair and cut mine for the same price since I was a kid too :blessed:

My father told me this when I was around 10 or 11. He said aside from family all you need in life is

A good woman,

A good mechanic

and a good barber.

and you are set,

Had the same barber for 25 years and when he retired and passed away, his son took the mantle

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watch these barber vids on YouTube. Dude said this is a $100 hair cut(Rick Ross type cut).

They do a good job but it’s not a haircut worth $100. These fools wilding.

You can’t let the seller dictate the price point.