Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Damn breh.

Why this crazy increase? Barbers basically just need clippers and a chair. Unless their building rent increased, I don't understand what happened?

Or did they realize ppl really need haircuts and will pay whatever for it?
I use to pay $15 for a fire cut back in the day. Before I left NJ to PA I was paying $50 weekly. In PA found a good Baber at $35. Dominican dude that doesn't speak a lick of English but he knew the assignment with my receding hairline. Now I'm in SC and found a brah for $45 (random specials for $35). Brah is fire but cancels or never on time. There's always a 20% chance he won't show up, 20% chance he will be late and 60% I get a cut that day. I tried finding a bunch of other barbershops but man this guy is good. I'm like a battered spouse that keeps coming back for a beaten :francis:. I'm literally at the barbershops shop now as I'm typing this. He's 40min late but this time he actually texted me 20min ago telling me he around the coner...that was 20min ago :beli:.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
Barbers gotta make a living too. COL is going up for everybody
This is pretty much it. They provide a service and they expect to get paid well to compensate for inflation. Cut your own hair if you don’t like it at this point. Bout to go bald soon myself honestly.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Female dominican barber in Atlanta. Only $25 (of course I tip too) . $22 for my son.. Those $40 and up numbers sound crazy to me. But I ain’t hating. I respect the hustle. :manny:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
But black barbers are charging $50 and beyond :childplease:

Brehs better understand that competitive economics will leave them broke and hated upon in the end.
For what?

Beard, moustache, line up, trim, and hot towel right?

:lupe:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
For what?

Beard, moustache, line up, trim, and hot towel right?

:lupe:

Not even the hot towel service :dame:

Its like these barbers hate black men and artificially charging for facial hair, as if basic masculinity is too much to cut at the faace.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But black barbers are charging $50 and beyond :childplease:

Brehs better understand that competitive economics will leave them broke and hated upon in the end.
The “celebrity” barbers can get away with it easy. With any business the goal should be charge more and work less. So the brothas cutting NBA players and rappers and have a strong clientele getting that $50

I respect the hustle but imma be in Josue’s chair for the $30 including tip

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The “celebrity” barbers can get away with it easy. With any business the goal should be charge more and work less. So the brothas cutting NBA players and rappers and have a strong clientele getting that $50

I respect the hustle but imma be in Josue’s chair for the $30 including tip

But if these black barbers don't recognize the competition soon, they gonna lose EVERYTHING because of price gouging