Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My barber bumped the price up and it’s now $50 including tip. :francis:
I’ve started going every 2-2.5 weeks now and doing my lineup and beard in between.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
My barber went up to $30 for just a haircut in January. He held on to $25 for the longest. Dude gets on my nerves because he's also a pastor at a church and he's always preaching but the breh is COLD with the clippers. Got me looking fresh everytime I get a cut. I guess it's worth hearing a mini sermon when getting a cut. :pachaha:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
back in Covid I had to cancel my appt because I caught that 19 the day before and he said it was a 50% penalty for that. I was like damn a 15+ year client can’t reschedule? It’s business so I shook that…a couple appts later someone in the shop caught it the day before my appt and said I had to reschedule. I said nah I need 50 piece back because I need a cut asap. Bro was like nah just reschedule and I felt some type of way about that. Like I said I was going to bro since I was a teen so we kinda tight but I was just keeping the same energy he did. He finally gave me my money back and all kinda shady energy was there not accepting my appts and not answering text about it so I found a new barber who started at 50$. Bro got locked up and I said fukk it im not searching for another barber and grew locs…been the best thing low key. I also had an issue because I was paying full price for a cut and I had a fade. Like fam you only cutting the sides and edging up! The game messed up out here y’all stay safe

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
When i was a kid, and the ORIGINAL released Jordans came out, i couldn't afford them..

My parents damn sure wasn't going to buy them for me..

So i had to settle for less expensive shoes..

Can someone explain to me what year did this entitlement set in?

Same as fukk I was sad in 7th because the VIIIs came back out but my parents wasnt buying me that shyt

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
My barber has been charging me $25 for a fade and beard shape up for about three years now. :hubie:

I’ve only paid for a haircut more than 30 once.
Y’all going to the wrong barber.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
$6.75 to get cut on base.
:pachaha:
Yall need to join up Coli Brehs.
:lolbron:
Naw, seriously though I been growing my hair out. My Wife would braid me up. I’m back here in Japan looking for someone to braid me up. A Coli connect hook me up with a spot. I get there and ask her how much for straight backs.
:myman:
She said 12000 yen.
:usure:
I said damn. I used to pay $20 dollars.
:what:
She said 12000.
:usure:
I found another Japanese girl to do it for 8000 which is still $55. She finished in an hour and only used some Murray’s grease.
:mjlol:
:mjpls:
She ended up telling me with weave is extra.
:dame:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
You'll save a lot of money by doing it yourself...but I understand everybody doesn't have the time or the skill to master it. I haven't been to the barbershop since I was probably in my early twenties and my barber used to charge $10 due to him knowing my parents since I was a toddler.

I cut, trim, and shape up my hair and beard myself, shyt I'm good enough where I probably could've gone to barber school and became a barber myself.

I went through trial and error in the beginning but gradually got better that I'm like a skilled pro; the key is to invest in a good set of clippers, trimmers, mirrors, brushes, combs, and oils (to clean the blades), etc.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
I found a barber that charges 25, I give him a $5 tip. He got me looking right :obama:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad That people are pushing back by not supporting price gouging BS

Daps
My barber went up to 50 and I got a new one for cheaper. Felt a little dirty about at first, but this new dude got me right:yeshrug:

Last edited: