Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I did cuz I could cuz I look good enough am fit muscular enough to do so. Wha? You afraid to see how you would look bald?
Not everyone can pull it off I did though :manny:
I ain’t gotta waste my time going to the barbershop or calling up for appointments hoping that my barber finna be there.
Plus all this wouldn’t have happened had the pandemic didn’t happen but my hair was wilding out and waves were done so I said fukk it trying to maintain that shyt :scust:
:russ:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Its a dude be on IG who used to charge $250 for the haricut, got all the clout chasing demons who wanted to flex on social media to fall for it and he would pull up on them boys and get their whole crew right. Buddy blew up at right time during pandemic when everyone was flush with cash.. I guess he went viral at some point and rappers started flying him out for 5k or something like that and he would have to cut the whole entourage and such. Pretty sure dude in his 20s and got a lambo truck paid off and think he bought another one.

I think alot of barbers saw that shyt and was like fukk these $20 prices, Lmaoo.. Dude legit did some Next level marketing
His IG was mr250 or something like that but it got stolen, buddy rise was :wow:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Damn, when I was 10 my cut was $7. You in Charlotte right? They getting disrespectful with these prices.
Yeah. And literally all his barber does is taper fade the sides a bit, and line him up. He’s legit done with my son’s hair in 15 minutes. It’s not worth it. He doesn’t even actually cut my sons hair… my son has a big curly fro.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Inflation and bad economies hits those types of services the hardest, less people can afford to come in and get a haircut, prices going up on stuff, but you gotta find a way to make the same amount of money l, if not more.

Prices definitely been creeping up with the black barbers for the past decade, but I think social media has allowed the good barbers to access higher earning clientele more easily. Everybody use to go to the neighborhood barbershop, now you driving a lil bit or a lot to get to your barber, or the barber is pulling up on you.

I’m not gonna lie my barber charge $60 but I usually give him 80 or 100 if he came through for me last second. But that’s bro, breaking bread is a good thing.

It ensures that he’ll always try to come through for me at the last second, he’s really a popular well known barber, and nd he’s good at what he does, his clientele has money so he could easily be charging $100.

You run into the craziest people fukking with the right barber. Ran into T-Mac, Jalen Rose, and Nas (in Houston, Texas) dealing with my old barbers. With my current barber I run into rappers and a lot of the successful black male business owners in the city. The right barber can be a good networking opportunity if that’s something you can benefit from.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. And literally all his barber does is taper fade the sides a bit, and line him up. He’s legit done with my son’s hair in 15 minutes. It’s not worth it. He doesn’t even actually cut my sons hair… my son has a big curly fro.
shyt. One of my co-workers cut her son hair. He has really curly hair as well. She said she feel like she getting robbed at the barbershop. If I wasn't so scared to cut my hair, I would too with how much they charging in Atlanta.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m bald gang since May 2020 :ahh: decided to shave it down since there was lockdowns and shyt, and I ain’t regret it one bit
Just go to the barber like every 3-4 months to fix my beard or trim it down which is like 10$ but I always tip him like 5
Fool you ain’t have no choice :dead:

Hairline was looking like the WuTang logo:pachaha:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My barber charges $25, but I pay him $35.

Cats outside NY getting robbed blind.

He is the only barber along with his wife who is a hairstylist. You have to make the appointment. They moved 3 times. When the inflation started to hit so they had to rise in price.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Maaaan, I help take care of this mentally challenged guy since my dad passed away, was about to take him to the barbershop just now this evening.

I looked up a nearby barber online, that sht is $50! $35 for a simple even all over.
I am in shock! What the hell brehs. I used to pay no more than $15 for haircuts. How the hell did it go to $50!?! I am going to cut his hair myself and see how it goes.

I thought about go to Turkey for that hair procedure, but nah, that would mean I have to start getting haircuts again.

How are these young nikkas going to the barber still every other week paying $100+ dollars

This world is wildin

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm back to going every week. $45 weekly :francis:

Damn breh.

Why this crazy increase? Barbers basically just need clippers and a chair. Unless their building rent increased, I don't understand what happened?

Or did they realize ppl really need haircuts and will pay whatever for it?