Are black people about to dominate soccer as well?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Only Black people not on the soccer wave is African Americans which is so unfortunate..soccer is without a doubt the worlds best sport. shyts on nfl, hockey, basketball, baseball
I dont care for Ronaldo or Neymar. Soccer is so much bigger than two characters, and thats the problem with how Americans view sports.
And for good reason
Your talking to someone whose played in soccer leagues as a kid

Its simply not as dynamic,athletic or explosive as the NFL or the NBA to us and most americans

It also seems to be all over the place. What is its main league? You guys keep jumping from country to country in this thread lol. Americans save shyt like that for the olympics

What is the premeir league of soccer. And what does it say about the legitimacy of the other leagues and their players

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
And for good reason
Your talking to someone whose played in soccer leagues as a kid

Its simply not as dynamic,athletic or explosive as the NFL or the NBA to us and most americans

It also seems to be all over the place. What is its main league? You guys keep jumping from country to country in this thread lol. Americans save shyt like that for the olympics

What is the premeir league of soccer. And what does it say about the legitimacy of the other leagues and their players

It's all over the place because it's a global sport. If the Chinese were as good as Americans and could pay similar money, you would have to pay attention to that league too.

It is a global sport where the most money is in Europe. So you have national leagues all over the world with the biggest in a few European countries witht he best players.

The English, Spanish, Italian, German and increasingly the French leagues are the best.

The best of the best in Europe compete for the Champions League. If there's one trophy an elite team wants to win it is that. People will sleep on teams and players that don't feature prominently in the champions league. The KO stages probably have the best quality of football available.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
We've BEEN dominating soccer when it comes to pure numbers.

The problem is that guys like Messi and Ronaldo are still the face of the sport despite all the talent coming from black players. Eventually we'll get our shine once the two legends decline as father time catches up.

Kami

Banned
Daps
We've BEEN dominating soccer when it comes to pure numbers.

The problem is that guys like Messi and Ronaldo are still the face of the sport despite all the talent coming from black players. Eventually we'll get our shine once the two legends decline as father time catches up.
Y’all gotta stop saying black. My African brothers don’t claim that shyt..they are Egyptian..Nigerian....Kenyan.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Seems OP is completely out of touch with football / a new comer to the sport which is cool but as many brehs have mentioned there has BEEN black presence and dominance in football.

Drogba, Pogba, Viera, Kanu, Kante, Yeboah, Seedorf, Henry, Desailly that's just off the top of my head. Listing those names made me further realise how wrong this OP is :gucci:

No one here seems to have mentioned a Ballon D'or Winning black man in George Weah.

nintchdbpict000000772231-e1499159470909.jpg

Man like Weah :wow:

SnarlingUnselfishDove-size_restricted.gif

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
South America and Europe has always produced majority of the top talents/players and I don't see that changing anytime soon. You might have the odd great players out of Africa like Eto'o, Weah, Drogba etc but even the best "black /African" players are either from South America or were born and grew up in Europe.

Africa simply doesn't have the infrastructure and strong enough footballing culture/mentality to produce enough great players to dominate at any one point. A typical African parent to this day will rather their son focus on education and become doctor, engineer,lawyer etc whereas in other cultures, parents ensure their kids fully follow their football passion and support their footballing dream.

Also the motivation is simply not their as the new generation of african youth simply wants to make fast money, fukk bytches and get lit and play video games. ain't nobody got time for all that intense training and discipline required to become a pro.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
I haven't been on here since like June, but i see most dudes on here still don't grasp what ownership really is or how important it is. Having a lot of black players on a team is not "dominating" the sport/industry. Dominating would be if most of the team OWNERS were black.

There's power in ownership.

Months ago, a few of us tried to stress the importance of ownership on here. But most dudes have convinced themselves (or try to convince themselves) that being the players/employees/consumers is the same as being the owners/bosses/producers

You don't truly "dominate" a field (or anything else really) unless you OWN it. If we were owning most of the teams, yeah we'd be dominating. Being players on teams owned by other races is not what i consider "dominating". nikkas need to finally start thinking in terms of ownership. Don't know what it will take for us to understand this. You'd think by now the lightbulb would come on, but nope.