Are black people about to dominate soccer as well?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
It's all over the place because it's a global sport. If the Chinese were as good as Americans and could pay similar money, you would have to pay attention to that league too.

It is a global sport where the most money is in Europe. So you have national leagues all over the world with the biggest in a few European countries witht he best players.

The English, Spanish, Italian, German and increasingly the French leagues are the best.

The best of the best in Europe compete for the Champions League. If there's one trophy an elite team wants to win it is that. People will sleep on teams and players that don't feature prominently in the champions league. The KO stages probably have the best quality of football available.
this is why it will never be big in america

You save the whole "international" thing for the olympics:camby:

Why should anyone watch anything other than the top of the top euro league

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
this is why it will never be big in america

You save the whole "international" thing for the olympics:camby:

Why should anyone watch anything other than the top of the top euro league
Missed this person quoting me.

I don't think it's fathomable to the average American sports fan. As far as I know, most American sports teams have relatively short histories. I've just looked up the Los Angeles Lakers, the LA Lakers formed in 1960... and the Lakers were previously in Minneapolis. That's not really a thing in soccer.

The natural comparison is college football. Why do people watch college football or basketball? Belonging? Local bragging rights?

In short, the football - the team is the location/stadium and the fans. The vast majority of football clubs in England's various leagues are over 100 years old and have not moved cities, many have had their stadium for over 100 years too (Old Trafford, Anfield, St. James Park are all 100+ years).

So to say, the football clubs (and they are known as clubs, not franchises which means a lot when you think about it) existed when football was a social and communal thing primarily and the support reflects that. Along that you have real city rivalries that go way beyond sports on some political and religious shyt.

Also to add, there's no draft system in football. Clubs develop their own youth players and put them through the system. So like most professional football players from Liverpool will have played for Liverpool or Everton at some point in their development careers. And most teams tend to have players from the local neighbourhood in their team. Which is another reason for fans to support their local team.

TLDR
The main drive of soccer fans is essentially our boys (from our neighbourhood, our history) vs yours. It's a communal thing a lot of the team rather than purely a sports thing. A club fundamentally represents its community. American teams are franchises - business entities.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Missed this person quoting me.

I don't think it's fathomable to the average American sports fan. As far as I know, most American sports teams have relatively short histories. I've just looked up the Los Angeles Lakers, the LA Lakers formed in 1960... and the Lakers were previously in Minneapolis. That's not really a thing in soccer.

The natural comparison is college football. Why do people watch college football or basketball? Belonging? Local bragging rights?

In short, the football - the team is the location/stadium and the fans. The vast majority of football clubs in England's various leagues are over 100 years old and have not moved cities, many have had their stadium for over 100 years too (Old Trafford, Anfield, St. James Park are all 100+ years).

So to say, the football clubs (and they are known as clubs, not franchises which means a lot when you think about it) existed when football was a social and communal thing primarily and the support reflects that. Along that you have real city rivalries that go way beyond sports on some political and religious shyt.

Also to add, there's no draft system in football. Clubs develop their own youth players and put them through the system. So like most professional football players from Liverpool will have played for Liverpool or Everton at some point in their development careers. And most teams tend to have players from the local neighbourhood in their team. Which is another reason for fans to support their local team.

TLDR
The main drive of soccer fans is essentially our boys (from our neighbourhood, our history) vs yours. It's a communal thing a lot of the team rather than purely a sports thing. A club fundamentally represents its community. American teams are franchises - business entities.
Capitalism permeates every factor of American life:wow:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Neymar isn't fukking black.

article-0-07757CEE000005DC-469_308x185.jpg

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Is this the year Freddy adu will breakaway from the pack and finally become a superstar:jbhmm: he has to be like 21 now right :troll:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
one generation of the best athletes from stateside given top shelf development from the beginning would bring it all home*