Are 5 days that big of a difference than 3?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Explain lol

I became OCD'ish about my body and thats when shyt started to come together

You gotta want it at a level where you gonna do whatever it takes to get to your goal...

If you trying to lose 30-50 while having sort of frame, more lifting will only help..for cardio, i ran, but you can do a stairmaster etc...but you gonna have to get it in effort wise to see the initial results that would make you go:ohhh:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I became OCD'ish about my body and thats when shyt started to come together

You gotta want it at a level where you gonna do whatever it takes to get to your goal...

If you trying to lose 30-50 while having sort of frame, more lifting will only help..for cardio, i ran, but you can do a stairmaster etc...but you gonna have to get it in effort wise to see the initial results that would make you go:ohhh:

But what if you’re not consistent with those days? Say you wanna lift weights for 5 days, but you miss 3 days because of something, then your work out week is fukked.

That’s what I’m talking about, your workout week keeps getting messed up because it’s not flexible.

So you’re actually getting your results slower because you aren’t being consistent.

I’ve been trying to do 5 days for a while, but I keep missing days because something came up, so with 3 days I can most likely do it long term.

Just talking about me tho.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
I’ve done a lot of trail and error through my years of lifting and 5 days works out best for me. I am active 7 days a week in one way or another. Even though I’m at the gym 5 days a week, I mix in swimming, stairclimber and anything cardio related when I can. Some weeks I’ve really killed it at the gym and can’t really think of what to do so I end up doing more core workouts or hop on the stairclimber for an hour.

Personally, if I was going to the gym only three times a week, I’d be doing a full body workout each day and be in that bytch for almost two hours with only one of those days being my heavy day.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My scheudle goes:

Monday - full body

Tueaday - off

Wednesday - full body

Thursday - off

Friday - full body

Saturday - off

Sunday - off (but i usally golf and/or play soccer so i get cardio in)

When u start doing full body work outs and skip the bro splits shyt is :wow:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
My scheudle goes:

Monday - full body

Tueaday - off

Wednesday - full body

Thursday - off

Friday - full body

Saturday - off

Sunday - off (but i usally golf and/or play soccer so i get cardio in)

When u start doing full body work outs and skip the bro splits shyt is :wow:
:whew:

What does your 3-day full body workout routine entail? :wow:

Also, what's a "bro-split"?:dahell:

Go into as much detail as possible, please.:lupe:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:whew:

What does your 3-day full body workout routine entail? :wow:

Also, what's a "bro-split"?:dahell:

Go into as much detail as possible, please.:lupe:

Bro splits are the upper lower split. So monday upper, tuesday lower, weds off. So u basically hitting each muscle twice a week. People live and die by this routine. Its called bro splits because people who do the routine swear its the most effective routine but theres nothing scientifically to back it up.

My full body consists of 4 sets with reps of 8 per muscle. On big body parts i only do one exercise per muscls. So for example on chests ill do 4 sets of 8 of decline press. Back ill do 4 sets of 8 of rows. Thighs ill do 4 sets of 8 of squats.

On the smaller muscles (bi, tris, and calves) i do 2 exercises per muscle due to the healing time being quicker then larger muscles. Example, ill do 4 sets of 8 of hammer curls then 4 sets of 8 of sitting dumb bell curls. Calves ill do 4 sets of 8 of two legged calf raises then 4 sets of 8 of single calf raises. Tris ill do 4 sets of 8 of single arm kick backs then 4 sets of 8 of skull crushers.

Once my body gets adjusted to this routine, i switch up the exercises. So instead of doing decline press, ill do butterflies. I usally change my exercies up once every few weeks.

On paper it looks like im not doing much but in reality im hitting each muscle 3 times a week for a total of 12 sets on the large muscles and 24 sets on the smallee ones.

Its a real time saver too

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Bro splits are the upper lower split. So monday upper, tuesday lower, weds off. So u basically hitting each muscle twice a week. People live and die by this routine. Its called bro splits because people who do the routine swear its the most effective routine but theres nothing scientifically to back it up.

My full body consists of 4 sets with reps of 8 per muscle. On big body parts i only do one exercise per muscls. So for example on chests ill do 4 sets of 8 of decline press. Back ill do 4 sets of 8 of rows. Thighs ill do 4 sets of 8 of squats.

On the smaller muscles (bi, tris, and calves) i do 2 exercises per muscle due to the healing time being quicker then larger muscles. Example, ill do 4 sets of 8 of hammer curls then 4 sets of 8 of sitting dumb bell curls. Calves ill do 4 sets of 8 of two legged calf raises then 4 sets of 8 of single calf raises. Tris ill do 4 sets of 8 of single arm kick backs then 4 sets of 8 of skull crushers.

Once my body gets adjusted to this routine, i switch up the exercises. So instead of doing decline press, ill do butterflies. I usally change my exercies up once every few weeks.

On paper it looks like im not doing much but in reality im hitting each muscle 3 times a week for a total of 12 sets on the karge muscles and 24 sets on the smallee ones.

Its a real time saver too
Upper/Lower splits aren’t bro splits. Bro splits are more like:

Back & Biceps
Chest

They target certain muscle groups in much more narrow focus that may only hit body parts once week.

Upper/Lower splits allow you to hit body parts multiple times per week.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Back & Biceps
Chest

They target certain muscle groups in much more narrow focus that may only hit body parts once week.

And here i thought bro splits were upper lower routines :heh:

I thought the back bi, chest tri, ect were consideree isolated routines because u mainly focus on one muscle per week

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
And here i thought bro splits were upper lower routines :heh:

I thought the back bi, chest tri, ect were consideree isolated routines because u mainly focus on one muscle per week
They are but that’s the definition of bro split.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Back & Biceps
Chest

You almost got it, the proper bro split goes this way:

Monday - international chest day :wow:
Tuesday - back
Wednesday - off or legs
Thursday - shoulders
Friday - arms, before you hit the bar/club for the night :mjlit:
Saturday - legs
Sunday - off

Source: I've been doing bro splits all my life :mjgrin:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
If you hit every body part in those 3 days you don't need to go more than that.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So it is a big difference then? So if I do the same exact workouts but I do more on the 3 days, 5 days is still better, Thing is what if I’ve been trying 5 days for years, but never could be consistent, Would it be wise to keep trying that?
3 days lifting - push/pull/legs or alternate upper/lower

2 days of pure cardio - 45-60 mins, spin class, incline tread, stair master etc

Not sure if you struggle with a 5 day lifting routine or 5 days of exercise period. A 5 day split for lifting is asking for failure, too many workout to juggle if you’re not consistent, but 5 days of exercise shouldn’t be an issue.

Last edited: