Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
After Age of Ultron, Justice League, and that Wonder Woman script that resurfaced, I'm good on Whedon doing anymore superhero stuff. Especially if he was struggling to write Batgirl of all things.

Whedon's one good comic book project was the first Avengers and that was setup by other directors and Feige.. it was a fukking layup. :manny:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Whedon's one good comic book project was the first Avengers and that was setup by other directors and Feige.. it was a fukking layup. :manny:
And even then....look after Infinity War and everything else Marvel has done since, I think we can finally say the first Avengers was just okay as a film on its own. People were looking at Whedon like he was this god of filmmaking after that one, but his work has long since been surpassed by better directors.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
And even then....look after Infinity War and everything else Marvel has done since, I think we can finally say the first Avengers was just okay as a film on its own. People were looking at Whedon like he was this god of filmmaking after that one, but his work has long since been surpassed by better directors.

Yeah, the 1st 2 avenger movies were :yeshrug:. The whole spectacle of everyone together in one movie drove them.

However, Civil War changed the game and raised the standards.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, the 1st 2 avenger movies were :yeshrug:. The whole spectacle of everyone together in one movie drove them.

However, Civil War changed the game and raised the standards.
I'd say even before CW, The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy raised the bar. Mind you, I have my criticisms of the latter, but it is easily a better written and directed movie than the first Avengers and blows Age of Ultron out of the water.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
I'd say even before CW, The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy raised the bar. Mind you, I have my criticisms of the latter, but it is easily a better written and directed movie than the first Avengers and blows Age of Ultron out of the water.

Mentioned Civil War because it is essentially an "unofficial Avengers" movie.

Guardians....i'll leave that one alone. :hubie:. Plus, GOTG2 was a drop-off.

I get what you are saying though.

Captain America (WS and CW), Black Panther, and Infinity War.

Arguably, the most critically acclaimed MCU movies.

Look at the subject matter though. You couldn't just throw a guy like Whedon on those projects. A lot was at stake with each movie. They had to raise the bar given the material and expectations.

Captain America's Civil War: Had to follow-up Winter Solider, introduce and setup Black Panther and introduce and setup MCU Spider-Man for the upcoming movies. They accomplished ALL of that. That required more than the usual "Hey, the gangs all here" theme of the 1st 2 Avenger movies.

Black Panther: Needs no explanation for this. This was in demand for decades. Marvel couldn't fumble this or there would have been trouble. :ufdup:

Infinity War: Again, needs no explanation. This is what the MCU was created for and they couldn't fumble this one either.

Marvel learns and pays attention. Over time they get better, and one of their best attributes is knowing how to approach each project accordingly. It is not a one size fits all with each character. That is where DC stumbled.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Mentioned Civil War because it is essentially an "unofficial Avengers" movie.

Guardians....i'll leave that one alone. :hubie:. Plus, GOTG2 was a drop-off.

I get what you are saying though.

Captain America (WS and CW), Black Panther, and Infinity War.

Arguably, the most critically acclaimed MCU movies.

Look at the subject matter though. You couldn't just throw a guy like Whedon on those projects. A lot was at stake with each movie. They had to raise the bar given the material and expectations.

Captain America's Civil War: Had to follow-up Winter Solider, introduce and setup Black Panther and introduce and setup MCU Spider-Man for the upcoming movies. They accomplished ALL of that. That required more than the usual "Hey, the gangs all here" theme of the 1st 2 Avenger movies.

Black Panther: Needs no explanation for this. This was in demand for decades. Marvel couldn't fumble this or there would have been trouble. :ufdup:

Infinity War: Again, needs no explanation. This is what the MCU was created for and they couldn't fumble this one either.

Marvel learns and pays attention. Over time they get better, and one of their best attributes is knowing how to approach each project accordingly. It is not a one size fits all with each character. That is where DC stumbled.
I'd say more accurately WB fumbled with not having any real faith in their DC properties. Even with Man of Steel, the only reason it got made was because Superman's creators' families were taking them to court. Then, when the movie didn't quite do what they wanted, they tried to shove Batman into it and make it the start of a whole universe when MoS wasn't made to set that up.

Suicide Squad was doomed the moment they decided to give the director like a month and a half to write the script. That they also did a bunch of hasty reshoots and then had a trailer company edit the film only worsened the issue.

Wonder Woman? People come at Synder over a lot - and much of it is deserved - but they should him some credit because Wonder Woman probably would not have happened at all had he and his wife not pushed for it.

And we all know what a corporate driven mess Justice League was.

WB simply has never valued the DC brand outside of Batman and sometimes Superman, and every time they try to do something with it, they either back the wrong idea (Superman Returns) or fukk around with it during production until it's a mess (Green Lantern). If anything should give people faith in the next crop of DC films (Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, Wonder Woman 1984, and Birds of Prey) it's that WB is doing what they should have been doing: hiring talented directors with vision and getting the fukk out the way.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
:whew: Wan cray for this one

mission impossible dun ruined action scenes for me. This whole scene looks so damn fake i cant help but to :scusthov: when dude bust thru the wall :scusthov: like why is that cgi'd :dahell: then u can tell the whole rooftop is a set :scust:....but the dudes that shyt on the airport fight scene in civil war think this is dope :pachaha: hypocrisy so funny

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
mission impossible dun ruined action scenes for me. This whole scene looks so damn fake i cant help but to :scusthov: when dude bust thru the wall :scusthov: like why is that cgi'd :dahell: then u can tell the whole rooftop is a set :scust:....but the dudes that shyt on the airport fight scene in civil war think this is dope :pachaha: hypocrisy so funny

Your right:ohhh:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

People shyt on the Airport fight scene because they're obviously fighting on a sound stage in front of a green screen

MTkQDWN.gif

At least the AQ scene was filmed on actual buildings

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
I'd say more accurately WB fumbled with not having any real faith in their DC properties. Even with Man of Steel, the only reason it got made was because Superman's creators' families were taking them to court. Then, when the movie didn't quite do what they wanted, they tried to shove Batman into it and make it the start of a whole universe when MoS wasn't made to set that up.

:ohhh:

I knew they were trying to "dark knight" Superman bringing Nolan into the picture, but didn't know creator's families taking them to court beforehand.

Suicide Squad was doomed the moment they decided to give the director like a month and a half to write the script. That they also did a bunch of hasty reshoots and then had a trailer company edit the film only worsened the issue.

The worst DCEU film. :trash:

Wonder Woman? People come at Synder over a lot - and much of it is deserved - but they should him some credit because Wonder Woman probably would not have happened at all had he and his wife not pushed for it.

Just ask Patty Jenkins:

Wonder Woman: Patty Jenkins Would Not Have Cast Gal Gadot

Patty Jenkins told Playboy magazine that the Israeli star was cast before she had her say and how she felt helpless over Zack Snyder’s choice of Gal as the Amazon princess.

‘I remember when I read in the news that Wonder Woman had been cast and my heart sank,’ she admitted.

‘I had been talking to the studio for so long about doing it and I was like well “that’s that.” I’m sure we wouldn’t have made the same choice.’ Fortunately, Jenkins was happy to be proved wrong.

‘Frankly, I think they did a better job than I could have because I don’t know that I would have scoured the earth as hard to find her,’ she conceded. ‘I don’t know that I would’ve looked internationally. I would have just looked for an American girl…She’s the greatest.’

And we all know what a corporate driven mess Justice League was.

WB simply has never valued the DC brand outside of Batman and sometimes Superman, and every time they try to do something with it, they either back the wrong idea (Superman Returns) or fukk around with it during production until it's a mess (Green Lantern). If anything should give people faith in the next crop of DC films (Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, Wonder Woman 1984, and Birds of Prey) it's that WB is doing what they should have been doing: hiring talented directors with vision and getting the fukk out the way.

Yep. Aquaman and Shazam are a fresh start.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
People shyt on the Airport fight scene because they're obviously fighting on a sound stage in front of a green screen

MTkQDWN.gif

Nah bruh...homie said you could tell the whole rooftop was a set. Even added the :scust: smilie for emphasis.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

MTkQDWN.gif

"obviously" breh do u know how many ppl nvr realized it was an all green screen scene til that video came out? :pachaha: how many "whaaaat/:ohhh:'s" there were on this very board :russ: i couldnt tell it was all green screen at all. Unlike this where i knew from the jump it was fake buildings with the background being completely fake because it still looks completely fake. Im still tryna figure out why they went with a cgi wall for dude to crash through instead of just a easily breakable one. Stuff like that irks tf outta me.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
And what arguments did I DO?:gucci:

Who am I arguing with?:dwillhuh:

Or even more relevant question what argument did I START??:dahell:

At worst all I did was what you normally do, comment off someone else’s comment, now if that is a big crime, don’t you think you probably need to get out of here too?:mindblown:

I am taking about the movie and hell I didn’t say nothing bad or negative about the movie.

You kinda need to go somewhere else with that, I’m not the problem:camby:

Martha