Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What spinoffs, harley quinn was recieved well, thats about the only one i've heard of. As for why, their movies have been shakey and they are trying to run with anything that they thing can get them back on solid footing. Affleck got great reviews and buzz being Batman, so now the Batman movie is coming out before JL I hear. Typical DC/WB being reactionary
You are clearly retarded.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What spinoffs, harley quinn was recieved well, thats about the only one i've heard of. As for why, their movies have been shakey and they are trying to run with anything that they thing can get them back on solid footing. Affleck got great reviews and buzz being Batman, so now the Batman movie is coming out before JL I hear. Typical DC/WB being reactionary

They're talking about a Deadshot spinoff too.

I guess my thing is that I just don't believe these numbers people throw around.

Why would a studio even make a movie that needs to gross 800mil+ to turn a profit?

That sounds dumb af to me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's funny because he was really on the verge of breaking out around Watchmen coming off strong roles in acclaimed indie films like Hard Candy and Little Children, then he just kinda disappeared again. Definitely someone you can always rely on to turn in a good performance.
Yeah, he plays nice guy parts tho, has he ever played anyone who was villainous?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another brooding superhero in the DC universe:francis:

Batman comes accross as the least angry from what Ive seen so far:pachaha:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Insidious 2 when he was possessed.

He was very creepy.

As well as hard candy where he played a pedophile.
Cool yeah, Watchmen and Little Children was when I saw him first. And yeah he is definitely a good actor.
I don't like horror so I'm not familiar and didn't see Hard Candy either.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So around 1 billion? Maybe slightly below/above? I'm not into making predictions on movie sales myself.
Honestly I have no idea.

I have no idea what kind of film this is going to be. Because they were already very far along and then the behind the scenes shuffle of phasing out Snyder and giving Johns the reigns just happened

The film could come off messy as fukk if it's caught between a regime change.

Who knows :yeshrug:

There's only so much change they could do with the production schedule so maybe they do reshoots and editing that SS got which is :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Honestly I have no idea.

I have no idea what kind of film this is going to be. Because they were already very far along and then the behind the scenes shuffle of phasing out Snyder and giving Johns the reigns just happened

The film could come off messy as fukk if it's caught between a regime change.

Who knows :yeshrug:

There's only so much change they could do with the production schedule so maybe they do reshoots and editing that SS got which is :francis:
Yeah same, that's why I asked. No idea how it will do/be received.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah same, that's why I asked. No idea how it will do/be received.
I think low end it does 800 million,high end a billion.

Unless it's just a complete and utter disaster of a film I just can't see it making less than 800 million.

But it's hard to tell. I thought suicide squad was the worst DC film and yet it seems to have resonated the most and had crazy legs.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:camby:
Let Marvel be the family friendly one and let DC stay moody. I like the difference between the two when it comes to movies and their comics.
It's not like every character is brooding. Flash looks light. Wonder woman wasn't brooding.

Really it was just superman and batman.

And bats already looks lighter in jl.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You would have have to not know much about finances to not understand the concept of low vs high return on investment.
I'm no Warren Buffet but I do know that a movie studio doesn't go into active development on 2 spinoffs and a sequel for a movie that didn't give them a sizable return on their initial investment.
So unless you are going to whip out the actual numbers of what WB put into Suicide Squad and how much they got back in profits, and you can't because you don't know those numbers, the only way we know a movie was successful enough by whatever metrics the studio who made it uses is by how they move forward with sequels/spinoffs from the property.