David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm no Warren Buffet but I do know that a movie studio doesn't go into active development on 2 spinoffs and a sequel for a movie that didn't give them a sizable return on their initial investment.
So unless you are going to whip out the actual numbers of what WB put into Suicide Squad and how much they got back in profits, and you can't because you don't know those numbers, the only way we know a movie was successful enough by whatever metrics the studio who made it uses is by how they move forward with sequels/spinoffs from the property.

WB isn't a normal studio with regards to this shyt, they green lit Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman off the back of Superman MoS and before BvS was even released if I remember properly. They are trying to catch up so quickly to Marvel that they are doing things normally a studio wouldn't do, which I'm sure will get the CEO fired eventually

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They're talking about a Deadshot spinoff too.

I guess my thing is that I just don't believe these numbers people throw around.

Why would a studio even make a movie that needs to gross 800mil+ to turn a profit?

That sounds dumb af to me.
Well the studio has every benefit of saying the numbers are lower than what they are for profit reasons and face saving reasons of the execs if the movie grosses less than expected. That said, the big profit tentpole movies usually allow the studios to fund the smaller movies, its a complex system, that I'm sure has more to do with laudering criminal money than anyone wants to talk about for real.

You are clearly retarded.
My favorite poster, still angry. its alright breh. You still cool to me.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby:
Let Marvel be the family friendly one and let DC stay moody. I like the difference between the two when it comes to movies and their comics.

Im not asking for all the jokes and one liners of marvel,i didnt even mention marvel:comeon:....i know yall on high alert around here,but im not a dc or marvel stan:whoa:

But cyborg looks angry,Aquaman looks and sounds angry from the trailer,we already know the worst of all which is a brooding,whiny unlikeable superman:snoop:...foh with that DC

i did forget about Flash though,wonder woman isnt brooding either i guess,remember her being pretty serious and intense though:banderas:

But u gotta admit Batman looking like the comic relief is a little funny,him being a much darker,older,more intense Batman,more angry at the worlds harsh realities:mjcry:,,was only meant to last for 3/4 of a movie i guess:manny:?

He looking like he good now,nice and light hearted now.

Christian Bale was more angry for no reason than they advertised Affleck was supposed to be...better be different in the movie itself.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
WB isn't a normal studio with regards to this shyt, they green lit Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman off the back of Superman MoS and before BvS was even released if I remember properly. They are trying to catch up so quickly to Marvel that they are doing things normally a studio wouldn't do, which I'm sure will get the CEO fired eventually
They greenlit all of that stuff after MOS was already proven to be successful financially (I know a contingent of you dudes here like to think MOS was a flop but it wasn't) just like Marvel did with its films after Iron Man was successful...just like all movie studios do when a first film in a potential franchise proves itself to be successful.
And another thing movie studios do is try to find properties that can be potential franchises so them digging into the DC library makes complete sense. All this nonsense about playing catch up so WB is acting out of the ordinary is just the overblown and oft repeated rhetoric of online nerds who have picked sides in the stupid Comic Book Movie Wars.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They greenlit all of that stuff after MOS was already proven to be successful financially (I know a contingent of you dudes here like to think MOS was a flop but it wasn't) just like Marvel did with its films after Iron Man was successful...just like all movie studios do when a first film in a potential franchise proves itself to be successful.
And another thing movie studios do is try to find properties that can be potential franchises so them digging into the DC library makes complete sense. All this nonsense about playing catch up and stuff is just the overblown and oft repeated rhetoric of online nerds who have picked sides.

MoS broke even, BvS flopped.

Marvel didn't have anywhere near the budgets for Iron Man, Capt. America, and Thor that WB gave MoS and BvS which haas been WB's main problem. Budgeting and planning is the heart of their issue IMHO.

DC didn't have to find shyt, they have 2 of the most famous comic book properties in the world. All they had to do was take their time and do it right, not give direction of what they want to fukking Zach Snyder or artistic contracted talent, rather than in house executives who over see these properties, another big mistake.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Im not asking for all the jokes and one liners of marvel,i didnt even mention marvel:comeon:....i know yall on high alert around here,but im not a dc or marvel stan:whoa:

But cyborg looks angry,Aquaman looks and sounds angry from the trailer,we already know the worst of all which is a brooding,whiny unlikeable superman:snoop:...foh with that DC

i did forget about Flash though,wonder woman isnt brooding either i guess,remember her being pretty serious and intense though:banderas:

But u gotta admit Batman looking like the comic relief is a little funny,him being a much darker,older,more intense Batman,more angry at the worlds harsh realities:mjcry:,,was only meant to last for 3/4 of a movie i guess:manny:?

He looking like he good now,nice and light hearted now.

Christian Bale was more angry for no reason than they advertised Affleck was supposed to be...better be different in the movie itself.
Cyborg was broody and pissed off for pretty much the first 5 years of his existence in the comics. He was an angry mofo cause he lost out on his dream of playing pro football, his girlfriend left him and he considered himself a freak or monster. He eventually got over it but he was justifiably angry when he was first turned into Cyborg.
I mean dude lost his penis, man...that is the type of thing that would make you mad as hell.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
MoS broke even, BvS flopped.

Marvel didn't have anywhere near the budgets for Iron Man, Capt. America, and Thor that WB gave MoS and BvS which haas been WB's main problem. Budgeting and planning is the heart of their issue IMHO.

DC didn't have to find shyt, they have 2 of the most famous comic book properties in the world. All they had to do was take their time and do it right, not give direction of what they want to fukking Zach Snyder or artistic contracted talent, rather than in house executives who over see these properties, another big mistake.
When you gonna share these insider docs that let you know whether a movie was a financial success for a studio?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
When you gonna share these insider docs that let you know whether a movie was a financial success for a studio?

I have numerous posts citing industry sources with regard to WB's projected budgets for WW and SS and BvS and MoS in the other DC thread.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cyborg was broody and pissed off for pretty much the first 5 years of his existence in the comics. He was an angry mofo cause he lost out on his dream of playing pro football, his girlfriend left him and he considered himself a freak or monster. He eventually got over it but he was justifiably angry when he was first turned into Cyborg.
I mean dude lost his penis, man...that is the type of thing that would make you mad as hell.

:dead:cant deny that.

Lets just hope the writing is great,so far theyve done nothing to make moody superman likeable...i admit DC taking the hard road,the payoff will be big if they get it right.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
There's a ignore button. Can't ban people because you don't like their opinion.

dawg even tho his posts are nothing but stupidity.. like seriously all it does is derail a good informative thread into a dumb ass bullshyt and ya'll just gon let it happen like aint that what being a mod is for ?? to keep BS like this in check smh

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I have numerous posts citing industry sources with regard to WB's projected budgets for WW and SS and BvS and MoS in the other DC thread.
You have nothing but rumours and hearsay.

Movie studios do not green light sequels to films that didn't make money. It's very simple

Hence why green lantern was supposed to be the start of their universe and was never heard from again.

If you want to believe a movie making 2-4 X times it's budget lost money and then the studio is just going to keep doubling down incuring losses of hundreds of millions then it's pretty clear,you are retarded.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You have nothing but rumours and hearsay.

Movie studios do not green light sequels to films that didn't make money. It's very simple

Hence why green lantern was supposed to be the start of their universe and was never heard from again.

If you want to believe a movie making 2-4 X times it's budget lost money and then the studio is just going to keep doubling down incuring losses of hundreds of millions then it's pretty clear,you are retarded.
Green lantern reeks of WB again doing everything wrong in making a money.
I'm more than confident WB with my estimations of WB/DCCU failures.
Again it starts from the top, if WB had a legit leader over the company I would think differently, but kevin tsujihara has proven he is a failure as an executive

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Batman v. Superman didn't even flop :mjlol:

It didn't make as much money as they wanted but it still didn't flop. It was profitable. There are articles pointing out how much they expect to make from it. Stop with the lies. Same dude said Suicide Squad was going to see a "small profit"... the shyt was a breakout success :russ: