Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Marvel touch ups were done before there was any public reaction, they didn't like the direction and changed and every change in the box office has resulted in a success, not public backlash, so i would say its most definitely different, because its not reactionary.
You should open a laundromat because you're constantly stuck on the spin cycle.

Age of ultron made less than the first,had worse reviews and worse audience reception.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Like I said if you want to go that route fine, I can say from my viewing of both companies Marvel/Disney keeps a tight hand and solid production schedule on its properties, Fiege knows what he wants and has it planned out.

Looking at DC shyt looks haphazard thrown together and reactionary.
That is just confirmation bias on your part where you see the same issues from both studios and brush it aside in regards to Marvel while seeing it as being a major issue with DC because your mind is made up in advance that Marvel is this uber competent movie making machine and DC/WB is a complete disaster.
When it reality it is pretty standard behavior for the production of big budget movies in Hollywood to see delays, departures and rewrites.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That is just confirmation bias on your part where you see the same issues from both studios and brush it aside in regards to Marvel while seeing it as being a major issue with DC because your mind is made up in advance that Marvel is this uber competent movie making machine and DC/WB is a complete disaster.
When it reality it is pretty standard behavior for the production of big budget movies in Hollywood to see delays, departures and rewrites.
Marvel has earned the right to be given the benefit of the doubt though, DC has not and when you have new departments being made directors who were supposed to be responsible for the whole new universe being phased out, and etc like DC, it speaks more to it being due to poor managerial oversight and planning.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Marvel has earned the right to be given the benefit of the doubt though, DC has not and when you have new departments being made directors who were supposed to be responsible for the whole new universe being phased out, and etc like DC, it speaks more to it being due to poor managerial oversight and planning.
You mean like how Ike perlmutter had a huge hand in the mcu but has since been removed which has lead to the inhumans being cancelled and the TV shows like aos no longer receiving communication from the movie studio on what's going to happen therefore making the TV universe pretty much separated?

But let me guess. That's different because reasons.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You mean like how Ike perlmutter had a huge hand in the mcu but has since been removed which has lead to the inhumans being cancelled and the TV shows like aos no longer receiving communication from the movie studio on what's going to happen therefore making the TV universe pretty much separated?

But let me guess. That's different because reasons.

That is debatable, Perlmutter from what I hear was huge over the Marvel TV properties, but not the MCU film properties, which was Feige's baby. Now there is talk that the inhuman cancellation was due to inhouse shyt between the TV and Film group, but that is minor with regard to what we are talking about, which is Feige's well run film group and his textbook execution of the phased rollout of properties.

Nah you're fukking terrible man
Your still okay with me though. Keep on keeping on.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That is debatable, Perlmutter from what I hear was huge over the Marvel TV properties, but not the MCU film properties, which was Feige's baby. Now there is talk that the inhuman cancellation was due to inhouse shyt between the TV and Film group, but that is minor with regard to what we are talking about, which is Feige's well run film group and his textbook execution of the phased rollout of properties.

Your still okay with me though. Keep on keeping on.
It's not debateable at all.

The inhumans was ikes project.

They forced him out and cancelled his film.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's not debateable at all.

The inhumans was ikes project.

They forced him out and cancelled his film.

Except it is for reasons I've already listed.
Inhumans was a TV project that Ike wanted to force on Feige and the movie side and Feige won out with Disney because he has done his job excellently and they didn't want to lose Feige.

They make the Marvel Films unit seperate from Marvel as a whole and left Feige in charge and his plans progressing as they were. Simple.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Except it is for reasons I've already listed.
Inhumans was a TV project that Ike wanted to force on Feige and the movie side and Feige won out with Disney because he has done his job excellently and they didn't want to lose Feige.

They make the Marvel Films unit seperate from Marvel as a whole and left Feige in charge and his plans progressing as they were. Simple.
It's hilarious how you always have an excuse and deflection on hand for when marvel does the exact same shyt you're complaining about that dc does.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's hilarious how you always have an excuse and deflection on hand for when marvel does the exact same shyt you're complaining about that dc does.

Hey the situations aren't the same, Disney took care to ensure Marvel didn't turn into a DC situation with too many cooks and deviation from single vision and planning.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Probably the fact that WB had to hire and create a DC films position with a head after 2 movies, and the tonal shifts it has to make after the fact.

That's more responding to criticism, if they had no plan then they would've rebooted already, Zack wouldn't be directing JL and all the films would've been delayed. Also Zack wouldn't have a story credit on Wonder Woman and producing every DC Film

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That's more responding to criticism, if they had no plan then they would've rebooted already, Zack wouldn't be directing JL and all the films would've been delayed. Also Zack wouldn't have a story credit on Wonder Woman and producing every DC Film
I think they have too much money invested to reboot, 250+mil in SS, 300 -400 mil in BvS, 250mil MoS, 150 - 225mil in WW, probably 175mil in Aq and 150 -175mil in The Flash. Zack's story credit is probably more a contractual inclusion and producing credit as well. I mean they said Affleck is getting producing credit and doing rewrites on JL, so its like they are trying to change direction mid-stream.

Just overall the planning and execution of their cinematic universe was rushed in comparison to Marvel, plus they have some major character changes that Snyder made that Johns has already said was stupid out right, with regards to Superman.