dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this movie was trash to me...was like thor (brother/half brother squabble) + GOT (the culture of the atlantians) + black panther (the battle for rights the the throne) + antman (mother comes back from the vortex 20 years later) , the dialogue was sooo predictable, like i'm sitting there saying the next line on first watch

manta: we hit something
me: no, something hit us
father: no, something hit us

some bad acting (that manta dude...:francis:) and cheesy shots (that lingered too long), really felt like watching the cheesiness of a comic play out on film - maybe that's what they were going for :manny:

and the whole premise of aquaman and his world is gay as fukk (black manta looks like an angry ant...wtf @ this being a villain), sorry, can't get with some mermaids, mounted seahorses and sharks, and half fish/half man being a cool hero. i know it made bank, so clearly some nerds believe in this...

i will say the best thing this movie did was cast jason momoa, got the female audience on GP (i wonder how much this would've done if released closer to his khal drogo days when women really started recognizing him), and he has the aspirational appeal men look up to like MBJ and the Rock (from a fitness, all around cool guy standpoint)

the girls playing mera irked me too, but for #whiteprivlege reasons, ionno, she looks like every interpretation of hot white chick in hollywood ever...over the course of this movie she looked like scarjo, megan fox, alicia silverstone, kristen stewart and some other generic "hot" white chicks i can't name...just crazy how this lane is there for white actresses but not black actresses

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
''was like black panther underwater''

*rolls eyes*

next time before you comment just have a disclaimer which states ''im an idiot whos never read comics and who knows comics through the MCU'' thanks.. it'll save you sounding like a full blown retard..

positive vibes all 2019 :smile:
hate comments like this, you know that's most comic/superhero movie goers right? the vast majority of viewers are people who aint never read one of the comics and whose point of reference is other comic book/super hero movies

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
hate comments like this, you know that's most comic/superhero movie goers right? the vast majority of viewers are people who aint never read one of the comics and whose point of reference is other comic book/super hero movies

Keeping that in mind, much of Aquaman's origin is similar to these movies you name dropped I would wager that Aquaman came before a lot of what you described so your comparisons which appeared to be alluding to "ripping off" other properties is inaccurate; DC and Marvel and all these comic companies borrow ideas from each other because most of the writers and artists have worked for all the companies. Aquaman's first appearance was in 1941, Namor's first appearance was in 1939 there are some similarities there, Thor was a mythical God but his comic origin wasn't until 1962.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Keeping that in mind, much of Aquaman's origin is similar to these movies you name dropped I would wager that Aquaman came before a lot of what you described so your comparisons which appeared to be alluding to "ripping off" other properties is inaccurate; DC and Marvel and all these comic companies borrow ideas from each other because most of the writers and artists have worked for all the companies. Aquaman's first appearance was in 1941, Namor's first appearance was in 1939 there are some similarities there, Thor was a mythical God but his comic origin wasn't until 1962.
I’m not alluding to it ripping anything off, it presented nothing fresh in the comic book movie landscape, and maybe that’s ok. At the core of all of these, they’re all the same thing, but that’s how weak the movie was to me, I could sit there thinking of all the movies it parallels as opposed to being engrossed in the story it was trying to tell.

And also like I said, could be that aquaman is a gay/goofy ass premise for a superhero to me. Ant man is corny too, but at least it’s a more realistic hero and the movies are funny as all shyt

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I’m not alluding to it ripping anything off, it presented nothing fresh in the comic book movie landscape, and maybe that’s ok. At the core of all of these, they’re all the same thing, but that’s how weak the movie was to me, I could sit there thinking of all the movies it parallels as opposed to being engrossed in the story it was trying to tell.

And also like I said, could be that aquaman is a gay/goofy ass premise for a superhero to me. Ant man is corny too, but at least it’s a more realistic hero and the movies are funny as all shyt

traveling to the quantum realm is more realistic? :gucci: Ant-Man is a funny movie but it ain't at all realistic lol

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why is the king of Atlantis who’s half human half Atlantean uniting the kingdoms gay ?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The new comic book movie logic is :mjlol:

"WW was too much like the first Cap movie, they copied the same thing"

"But in WW's first ever comic run she leaves the island with Steve Trevor to fight Nazi's during the war"

"Aquaman copied BP and Thor"

"But the movie based off of Geoff Johns' 'Rise of the Seven Seas' & 'Throne Of Atlantis' storyline"

"Yeah but no one reads the comics, we just watch comic book movies and get our info from there"

:dahell:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The new comic book movie logic is :mjlol:

"WW was too much like the first Cap movie, they copied the same thing"

"But in WW's first ever comic run she leaves the island with Steve Trevor to fight Nazi's during the war"

"Aquaman copied BP and Thor"

"But the movie based off of Geoff Johns' 'Rise of the Seven Seas' & 'Throne Of Atlantis' storyline"

"Yeah but no one reads the comics, we just watch comic book movies and get our info from there"

:dahell:

This not the thread to make arguments with people with biases. At least for 2019, at least, when people still amped up from Endgame.

Aquaman was a very good film at its own right, but people cannot admit to that.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The large amount shytty posts the last few pages is :scust:

Stans, or people just have shytty taste. :hhh:

Movie was fun as hell and awesome. It’s what a comic book movie should me. Visually amazing, and I’ll probably put it number one in CB movies For that category.