TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm lost at what some people are arguing about but the GotG dance-off reminds me of the people who were pissed Superman beat Darkseid with a whistle in Final Crisis. Although the latter had a very specific Morrison-esque logic behind it, it seems some folks will never accept a battle not being fought with hands.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Man of Steel was openly mocked for 3 years after release and only recently are people starting to warm up to it. Batman V Superman is one of the most reviled blockbusters in recent memory.

I agree that in some circles Man of Steel was hated and is now being warmed up to but Man of Steel had a lot of supporters at the time as well. BvS still made the top ten all-time box office gross for comic books movies and many people who hated the theatrical version ended up liking the director's cut.

I'm not saying people overwhelmingly supported Snyder but I believe it was more mixed than outright hate. Even so.. we are far beyond all of that.

I don't get people blaming JL on Snyder tho, he didn't finish the movie and the movie is mostly what Whedon brought to the table and it bombed severely. People have been saying it bombed because of Snyder but Wonder Woman who Snyder had a hand in did very well right after BvS..

Justice League bombed for many reasons and the studio knew it was going to bomb so they stopped promoting it from jump. I didn't sit down and watch JL until months after it was out on digital/rental.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
giphy.gif

BvS was worse than Justice League and was the reason DCEU went off the rails. Whedon is a scapegoat.
giphy.gif

BVS was a giant pile of shyt and one of the most disappointing movies of all time yes, but lets not go overboard atleast they gave us batman whooping ass in what would have otherwise been a classic scene in a classic film

JVS was literally so bad that it wasnt even disappointing. like it was so bland it isnt even worth getting upset about like BVS is. Yeah BVS got them off the rails but JL cemented its status as bottom tier

So you expect a new rapper to be on the same level as arguably the greatest rap group of all time?

Not just one rapper....everyone? :gucci:
I mean....where does this stop? Does every director have to be Kubrick? Does every TV show have to be "The Wire" or else you can't enjoy it? :gucci:

Fred.
you know he likes to be contrarian , i think most can agree there are different expectations when watching Jordan and when watching Swaggy P

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
giphy.gif

BVS was a giant pile of shyt and one of the most disappointing movies of all time yes, but lets not go overboard atleast they gave us batman whooping ass in what would have otherwise been a classic scene in a classic film

JVS was literally so bad that it wasnt even disappointing. like it was so bland it isnt even worth getting upset about like BVS is. Yeah BVS got them off the rails but JL cemented its status as bottom tier

you know he likes to be contrarian , i think most can agree there are different expectations when watching Jordan and when watching Swaggy P

But fukk that nikka Swaggy P for seriously just being in the game to get paid and be on IG. which is the main point breh. That's not contrarian at all. I don't respect nikkas who are wack and are cool with that shyt. I don't respect nikkas who don't respect me spending my money on them. That nikka is case in point of the whole thing. If you aren't in the league or doing whatever you're doing to be the best at it, then fukk am I wasting my time for?:hhh: That shyt makes no sense to me at all. Yes there's a difference between Swaggy and MJ but I'd give Swaggy love if he put in work and cared more about his game than posting pics on the gram or being in TMZ. That shyt is stupid to me

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I agree that in some circles Man of Steel was hated and is now being warmed up to but Man of Steel had a lot of supporters at the time as well. BvS still made the top ten all-time box office gross for comic books movies and many people who hated the theatrical version ended up liking the director's cut.

I'm not saying people overwhelmingly supported Snyder but I believe it was more mixed than outright hate. Even so.. we are far beyond all of that.

I don't get people blaming JL on Snyder tho, he didn't finish the movie and the movie is mostly what Whedon brought to the table and it bombed severely. People have been saying it bombed because of Snyder but Wonder Woman who Snyder had a hand in did very well right after BvS..

Justice League bombed for many reasons and the studio knew it was going to bomb so they stopped promoting it from jump. I didn't sit down and watch JL until months after it was out on digital/rental.
I don't blame Whedon or Synder for JL itself. That movie is a Frankenstein's monster that doesn't display the best from either director. That's purely WB's creation, born of their stubbornness and misguided decision making. If the plan was to bring Whedon on, they needed to do so after BvS came out and was panned or delay the movie. He didn't have nearly enough time to do anything with it, and Synder was cut off at the knees. It was an awful situation for both.

I agree the reaction to Man of Steel was more mixed than anything, but like I said, three years. The people who didn't like, REALLY didn't like it and basically controlled the conversation.* As for BvS, while it did make money and a few more people did like the extended edition, I don't think you can argue the reaction to it was mixed. Box Office fell off from the opening weekend and almost all the negativity currently surrounding the DCEU stems from it. People hate that fukking movie, dude.

Synder's a good guy and a talented director, but he missed the mark here. It happens. Damn near every director takes an L at some point.

*As an aside, I always say the crazy Synder cult wouldn't be what it is, or at least would be less so, if people had chilled the fukk out on Man of Steel. The negative reaction to that movie was so over the top that it made fans of it get over the top in reponse. Not that, that excuses the shyttier Synder fans who go around harassing people and whatnot. Moreso that I think the big turning point where superhero movie fandom become the awful cesspit it is currently was that particular movie.

I mean, people would openly mock fans of the movie. You literally couldn't talk about another superhero movie without people bringing up how much they hated MoS. It just got fukking obnoxious after a while, and I think over time, the fans of the movie become more and more frustrated until some of them grew into the zealots we have now.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it's Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ronan and not Superman and Zod. :gucci:

99.99% of people, including comic fans, didn't give a fukk about those Marvel characters prior to the MCU. Superman and by extension Zod are some of the most popular characters in history....the expectations are vastly different.

Fred.
Superman is more than the Christopher Reeve interpretation. Many stories have focused on Clark dealing with his reasoning in life, and he killed Zod in the comics. Some people just couldn't deal with Superman just learning the ropes and finding himself which I feel robbed the fans of a story arc that we normally don't get in superhero movies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
People keep going back to low key shyt on the Reeves Superman/Clark Kent.

And we all get why it’s loved... but even if they couldn’t or didn’t want to give the world that version like Brandon Routh

They should’ve atleast gave this interpretation

And that interpretation of Lex Luther while we on the topic..... just in live form

Martha

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I don't mean to say he made no good decisions. Like I said, people do give him too much crap and downplay his talents. But the facts are the facts, and the fact is Synder's vision was not was audiences were looking for by and large. Man of Steel was openly mocked for 3 years after release and only recently are people starting to warm up to it. Batman V Superman is one of the most reviled blockbusters in recent memory.

My point was that audiences never had a problem with DC as a whole because that's what you hear in these nerd circles. "DC makes bad movies." "DC needs to [insert armchair movie producing]." "Why is DC so dark?" "DC" as a brand was never what people's issues were with. They just didn't like Zack Synder's movies.

Suicide Squad is the exception, but that movie had a whole host of other issues behind the scenes.
giphy.gif

how did it go to bottom tier if the characters of Wonder Woman and aquaman can launch successful movies . A good portion of the hate was the polarization for Zach Snyder . The critical community seems to not like him for whatever reason

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Breh you realize your the type of person keeping this fake rivalry going right ? If you were serious you’d remove the Martha out of your replies and stop trying to sneak throw shade by mentioning AQM opening weekend gross etc with your passive aggressiveness your just as bad as you use to be

3 things my G....

1- I do nothing worse than (or even close to the level of) Stillflow, so if you don’t have a problem with his post or how he keeps the “fake rivalry” going (cuz I’ve never seen you address him). You really shouldn’t have a problem with me

2- A fact can’t be a sneak diss, it was what it was but it don’t even matter now right ? It’s making bank!

3- I haven’t made any dedicated threads or went FULL IN like I and a lot of other people on all sides used to do, but if you really want me to show you the difference in how much I’ve actually toned down, we can really get it poppin.:hubie:

If Fred, Art Bar, Mika, POSTING IN ALL CAPS or

WHATEVER

THIS

IS

:devil:

:evil:

Don’t bother you, then I don’t know why anything else should. There is nothing “passive aggressive”, I don’t even think some of y’all even know what that is cause y’all not using it right.

Martha

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Breh you realize your the type of person keeping this fake rivalry going right ? If you were serious you’d remove the Martha out of your replies and stop trying to sneak throw shade by mentioning AQM opening weekend gross etc with your passive aggressiveness your just as bad as you use to be

At least @Still FloW will straight up tell you that your momma should've swallowed you like she did for the rest of the train that got ran on her or some shyt.

@Bryan Danielson is on that Jay-Z shyt where you know he's going at you but because it's a sly reference to some shyt you might've said 3 years ago you might look foolish calling him out for it because it'll make you look like the instigator.