the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they could of cut out that trip to the desert and italy scene. shyt was unecssary

still can't believe aquaman and flash didn't come out first, then justice league

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
they could of cut out that trip to the desert and italy scene. shyt was unecssary

still can't believe aquaman and flash didn't come out first, then justice league
They wanted that Avengers money too much. Outside of pushing the wrong angles (Dark Knight Returns paired with Death Of Superman for your second movie in the universe :why:) WB was racing to the finish line with no clear plan.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
great movie. im glad they put the trench in and drew from the new 52. only thing that got me was making him a "play too much" type dude
momoa was great in it tho it would have been a lot iller if they kept the look we know already. the blond aquaman really could have used that booster shot

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

:wow: the only Wan

THE CHOSEN WAN
3bf576d29de9f6a03e18b5bdafe806e2.png

Arthur got the streets going crazy.

To think some thought it wouldn't even crack $500 mill. Aquaman looking at them like

source.gif

Perfect response lmaoooooo..

AquaGOAT feeding the skreets.. ending the year perfectly.. DC really flexed with only 1 film this year :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Wasn't confirmed by an insider that Snyder was fired? I think I remember rumors of it even before his daughter killed herself. WB deserved that movie failing. We could've had Darkseid, brehs:to:, and you know a Superman vs Darkseid fight scene would've been epic:wow:

the Legion of Doom was coming. That's my biggest disappointment with Snyder gone. Hopefully they can come back to it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
great movie. im glad they put the trench in and drew from the new 52. only thing that got me was making him a "play too much" type dude
momoa was great in it tho it would have been a lot iller if they kept the look we know already. the blond aquaman really could have used that booster shot

AquaGronk. But I liked it. New take that no one really tried before with comic book leads. Wasn't a complete meathead, but you get it.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was cringeworthy bad. Seemed like a corny big budget 90s action movie
For real I have no idea what everyone in here seeing

Almost walked out when the kid gave her the pinnachio book. shyt was mad corny

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The more I think about it the more I can't believe they actually did that. Even though I really liked the movie when it dropped that scene is so damn ridiculous it's a wonder why it doesn't get the same amount of nerd rage as Superman snapping Zod's neck

Because it's Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ronan and not Superman and Zod. :gucci:

99.99% of people, including comic fans, didn't give a fukk about those Marvel characters prior to the MCU. Superman and by extension Zod are some of the most popular characters in history....the expectations are vastly different.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because it's Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ronan and not Superman and Zod. :gucci:

99.99% of people, including comic fans, didn't give a fukk about those Marvel characters prior to the MCU. Superman and by extension Zod are some of the most popular characters in history....the expectations are vastly different.

Fred.

You and I have talked about this. That expectation thing always feels like a cop out to me. If the shyt is weak it’s weak and if the shyt is dope it’s dope. Grading on a curve isn’t the business.

That said I understand where you’re coming from entirely. Just don’t like it :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread, if you would've told me an Aquaman movie would be creeping towards $1 billion I would've laughed in your face. I don't know who/what is to blame over at DC and/or WB but if the writers and directors are allowed to do their own thing as opposed to trying to race towards a pseudo-MCU finish line then....well, the success speaks for itself. Hopefully they look at Wonder Woman and this going forward and keep moving in this same direction.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You and I have talked about this. That expectation thing always feels like a cop out to me. If the shyt is weak it’s weak and if the shyt is dope it’s dope. Grading on a curve isn’t the business.

That said I understand where you’re coming from entirely. Just don’t like it :russ:

You ain't gotta like it, but it's reality. :manny:

I don't know who you consider the GOAT rapper....let's say it's Nas. Do you like other rappers besides Nas? Of course. Do you grade everyone on the same curve as him....no. It wouldn't make any sense to. That's completely unrelated to whether or not you think they're wack or dope. Superman is a Nas level comic character....GOTG is a....Questionmark Asylum level comic group. If Nas spit Questionmark Asylum level lyrics you'd say he fell off....if Questionmark Asylum spit even the weakest Nas verses it would blow your fukking mind, though. Because it's not expected.

Fred.