flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought the movie was alright. Unnecessarily long. Some spoilers.

I would’ve liked to have seen the film in chronogical order instead of the constant flashbacks. That type of storytelling works really well on TV, but not so much in movies.

Amber Heard must have gotten acting lessons between Justice League and Aquaman because she was exceptional as Mera in this movie.

Disappointed with both villains. I didn’t like the opening Black Manta scene. The constant close ups of Momoa with the music was too cheesy and I like cheese lol.

Also the constant “half breed” throughout the whole movie made me uncomfortable. Half caste would’ve sounded better.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Classic fun comic book film and one of the most visibly appealing movies I’ve seen it a while. Atlantis is so beautiful it bought a tear to my eye :mjcry:

Those fight scenes were amazing:wow:

I wasn’t expecting to like Ocean Master at all but he had me like :ehh:all throughout. Can’t wait to see what they do with Black Manta in the future

Peeped it last night. Loved it. 4/5 for me. Wan did the damn thing.

Momoa as Gronk Aquaman was entertaining. Might be the first meathead superhero take which I think is good because we haven't really gotten one so it's something new.

Fight scenes were DOPE!!!

The visuals were incredible.

Nicole Kidman is so pretty, but her body is so wack. But she was good.

Mera :noah:

My nikka Manta.....Even got one of the Black Manta Funko Pop Figures when I bought my ticket !!!! Told my kids don't touch my Manta!!! :ufdup: . But gotdamn dis Aquaman fukk that nikka up at the end :mjlol:

The endng war/fight sequence was dope as shyt. Especially that big ass Leviathan shyt Aquaman was riding.

Loved the way they payed homage to him being able to talk to the sea creatures and the way Wan animated it. Very similar to the comics/old Superfriends cartoons.

Hope they find a way to put Aqualad in this shyt in the sequel. Would be dope as fukk.

Loved it.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Black manta the gawd

Give us a spin off dc

I enjoyed this movie better than Wonder Woman and that justice league crap

that whole chase sequence was so dope, but gotdamn did he fukk that nikka up at the end of their fight. Loved that he was smart enough to adapt the technology into building his suit out of it.

Is it me or does buddy look like a bigger version of Kevin Hart. :skip:

jadden

Superstar
Daps
Peeped it last night. Loved it. 4/5 for me. Wan did the damn thing.

Momoa as Gronk Aquaman was entertaining. Might be the first meathead superhero take which I think is good because we haven't really gotten one so it's something new.

Fight scenes were DOPE!!!

The visuals were incredible.

Nicole Kidman is so pretty, but her body is so wack. But she was good.

Mera :noah:

My nikka Manta.....Even got one of the Black Manta Funko Pop Figures when I bought my ticket !!!! Told my kids don't touch my Manta!!! :ufdup: . But gotdamn dis Aquaman fukk that nikka up at the end :mjlol:

The endng war/fight sequence was dope as shyt. Especially that big ass Leviathan shyt Aquaman was riding.

Loved the way they payed homage to him being able to talk to the sea creatures and the way Wan animated it. Very similar to the comics/old Superfriends cartoons.

Hope they find a way to put Aqualad in this shyt in the sequel. Would be dope as fukk.

Loved it.
Aquabro was the best thing they could’ve did for the character. Loved Mamoa’s interpretation of it and Wan’s direction.

I got the Black Manta funko pop too:russ: Right after seeing it I told my friend that BM had one of the coolest suits I’d ever seen. It’s so dope :wow:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
that whole chase sequence was so dope, but gotdamn did he fukk that nikka up at the end of their fight. Loved that he was smart enough to adapt the technology into building his suit out of it.

Is it me or does buddy look like a bigger version of Kevin Hart. :skip:
Maaaaaaaaan! Thats Cadillac from the Get Down!
:russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
One thing I will say about this movie for now:lolbron:

Is that I really appreciate it:mjlol:

Like everyone seems to like it, especially the fans that have been critical of movies like it.

And it’s a movie that did EVERYTHING that other movies been doing for YEARS that people claimed they hated and now it closes MANY DOORS to shyt people “nitpicked” or used to shyt on forevermore!:russ:

“Bu bu bu bu bu but they joking and quipping in the middle of a battle”:hhh:

these niccas in the middle of a war actually stop fighting and have a serious make out session in the open while armies all around them are fighting to the death:mjlol:

We can’t used certain “nitpick” things anymore after this movie and it in some ways elevates and exonerates many others

Martha

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
One thing I will say about this movie for now:lolbron:

Is that I really appreciate it:mjlol:

Like everyone seems to like it, especially the fans that have been critical of movies like it.

And it’s a movie that did EVERYTHING that other movies been doing for YEARS that people claimed they hated and now it closes MANY DOORS to shyt people “nitpicked” or used to shyt on forevermore!:russ:

“Bu bu bu bu bu but they joking and quipping in the middle of a battle”:hhh:

these niccas in the middle of a war actually stop fighting and have a serious make out session in the open while armies all around them are fighting to the death:mjlol:

We can’t used certain “nitpick” things anymore after this movie and it in some ways elevates and exonerates many others

Martha

So basically yeah, stop being full of shyt and hypocritical in reviews. Totally agree. Don't give a pass to one thing and shyt on it another movie. But agendas are powerful.

That make out session was beyond ridiculous. I sat there with the
full

Dunno what was the worst comic movie scene this year, that shyt or Drax eavesdropping on the Starlord/Gamorrha convo. :snoop:

Overall though still loved the movie. MORE MANTA!!!!!!

Suit was so clean.

AND the fact he deconstructed their tech to make that shyt his own was black excellence

Sidenote:

That nikka Michael Beach stay taking Ls in movies. :mjlol:

Got suspended in Lean on Me for picking up the piece of paper as Mr Darnell
In Soul Food, fukked his wife's cousin and got caught and almost got stabbed
Drowned/Blown up in Aquaman for piracy

:laff:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Just saw it in 4DX, my 3rd viewing.

Imo this movie works better on repeat viewings. Knowing it's basically a QUEST movie up front works. Also what this (and WW) got right is the romance part. That's probably one of the big reasons it's so popular, if I had to guess.

I realized it reminds me a bit of an Indiana Jones movie, earlier in the thread we were struggling to find movies that compare to this - Indy's it for me. The quest is what drives the characters.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Just saw it in 4DX, my 3rd viewing.

Imo this movie works better on repeat viewings. Knowing it's basically a QUEST movie up front works. Also what this (and WW) got right is the romance part. That's probably one of the big reasons it's so popular, if I had to guess.

I realized it reminds me a bit of an Indiana Jones movie, earlier in the thread we were struggling to find movies that compare to this - Indy's it for me. The quest is what drives the characters.

:hhh:

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Can’t front as a comic book movie this shyt was better than black panther :ohhh: neg me if u want but this shyt was beautiful and very comic accuracte and made it make sense and translated to the big screen. Then take into consideration this was underwater. Yea this thing was really good 8/10

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Can’t front as a comic book movie this shyt was better than black panther :ohhh: neg me if u want but this shyt was beautiful and very comic accuracte and made it make sense and translated to the big screen. Then take into consideration this was underwater. Yea this thing was really good 8/10
I really liked this movie but :dahell: