Apple Watch Series 7 gonna be FIRE

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I have had an apple watch for almost 2 years now. I replaced my Fitbit with that when it died and can say the only thing I really enjoy about the watch are below. Otherwise, the battery stinks and the VO2MAX calculations are considerably off. I have noticed recently the remote monitoring data seems to be much "too consistent". There should be more variability, but its missing. The sleep tracking compared to my old Fitbit that give you sleep data (REM, Light, Deep).

I like the ability to ping my phone when i lose it
Fitness Choices for exercise is good
Ring UI that keeps me engaged and committed.

Gonna give my watch to my son and get a Fitbit again.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I have had an apple watch for almost 2 years now. I replaced my Fitbit with that when it died and can say the only thing I really enjoy about the watch are below. Otherwise, the battery stinks and the VO2MAX calculations are considerably off. I have noticed recently the remote monitoring data seems to be much "too consistent". There should be more variability, but its missing. The sleep tracking compared to my old Fitbit that give you sleep data (REM, Light, Deep).

I feel you. Battery life leaves something to be desired. I'll also add to your list how seamlessly it works with navigation/maps. Gives a subtle vibration when approaching an upcoming turn. I also like the text notifications - helps me with being on my phone less.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I feel you. Battery life leaves something to be desired. I'll also add to your list how seamlessly it works with navigation/maps. Gives a subtle vibration when approaching an upcoming turn. I also like the text notifications - helps me with being on my phone less.

Forgot about the Nav - your right about that :youngsabo:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Fitbit has a terrible build quality. They usually ended up falling apart. I wonder if Google ownership fixed that.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fitbit has a terrible build quality. They usually ended up falling apart. I wonder if Google ownership fixed that.
I’ve owned a Fitbit charge 2 since 2018 and there’s no sign that it’s going to fall apart. I’ve used it as a sleep tracker and morning vibrating alarm every night and it’s stil going strong.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

You are absolutely right about that. Maybe a Garmin or something else but I have seen two watches last 2 years and Die

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I went back on what I said and got one of these. Microcenter had the 45mm on sale for $360. Sold my Series 4 44mm Nike for $150 and got the 45mm Nike. For $210 out of pocket it's not bad. The battery charges so fast it's feasible to actually sleep with this on and wear it most of the day. I charge 30 mins before work for the shower and getting ready and maybe 30 mins before bed and other than that I can wear it all day. The old one I just charged it overnight. I bet within a generation or 2 you'll be able to wear it all day.

You can get an app called Auto Sleep that does all that sleep tracking better than the default. $5 in the app store. There are other apps too.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i kinda want a apple watch but what can it really do a phone cant?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)