Apple September 15 Event: (Apple Watch Series 6, iPad Air, New Headphones, Charging Mat?) 1PM ET

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
why aren't the iphones using USB-C?

seriously the speed difference when trying to sync an iphone with lighting vs ipad pro with USB-C to my laptop isn't even close. phone takes forever to sync. ipad takes like 30 seconds.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Which is why im holdin off on downloading. Read yesterday a bunch of devs are pissed cuz they had zero time to update their apps. Dont wanna update n risk shyt bein broken.

how is this possible? they should have been had them shyts developed for the 8 betas that's been out since june.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how is this possible? they should have been had them shyts developed for the 8 betas that's been out since june.
Because developers usually get a week or more to test and submit the final build. You cant submit xcode for a beta build.

also, apple wasnt takin submissions till a day before ios14 official dropped. The golden master dropped hours before the final roll out. Zero time to test

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
why aren't the iphones using USB-C?

seriously the speed difference when trying to sync an iphone with lighting vs ipad pro with USB-C to my laptop isn't even close. phone takes forever to sync. ipad takes like 30 seconds.
I read apple likes having their own standard so they control the quality of it. They make Belkin and other companies get approval before they allow them to make their own lightening cables so if they go USB-C you could just plug in any and it might not be good quality and fukk up the phone or something. Idk that’s what some people said.

either way I welcome USB-C so I can stop having different chargers

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I read apple likes having their own standard so they control the quality of it. They make Belkin and other companies get approval before they allow them to make their own lightening cables so if they go USB-C you could just plug in any and it might not be good quality and fukk up the phone or something. Idk that’s what some people said.

either way I welcome USB-C so I can stop having different chargers
That doesnt make sense tho as the ipad pro, new ipad air, and the macbooks use usb c

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
That doesnt make sense tho as the ipad pro, new ipad air, and the macbooks use usb c
I know but this was before they allowed that on the iPad. So after they did the pro everyone assumed they would do the phones next but the best we got was the usb-c charging block so far.

so everyone was upset and making jokes about how you have usb-c on the new macs but they had to have a dongle to plug in their phone. At the time.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IPhone 11 brehs how does it run on your phones? Everytime I download a new iOS it slows my old
Phone down so I might just pass on this one. :hubie:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know but this was before they allowed that on the iPad. So after they did the pro everyone assumed they would do the phones next but the best we got was the usb-c charging block so far.

so everyone was upset and making jokes about how you have usb-c on the new macs but they had to have a dongle to plug in their phone. At the time.
So the mac and iPad cables dont need a certification but the lightning cables do? Just tryin to make sense of this.

edit: just read up on it. I get it now.

if they go wireless i hope they at least do smart connector or I’ll have to go android, need that wired CarPlay.

Last edited: