Apple September 15 Event: (Apple Watch Series 6, iPad Air, New Headphones, Charging Mat?) 1PM ET

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I read apple likes having their own standard so they control the quality of it. They make Belkin and other companies get approval before they allow them to make their own lightening cables so if they go USB-C you could just plug in any and it might not be good quality and fukk up the phone or something. Idk that’s what some people said.

either way I welcome USB-C so I can stop having different chargers

I believe USB-C are basic standard cables (just like HDMI). I bought a braided USB-C cable for my MBP a while ago, and it's great. far more durable than the standard apple ones.

I don't have any non-apple charging bricks tho. I got an 18W fast charger with ipad pro, and I bought one earlier this summer as well just for my phone, and it makes a world of difference in charging. since the bricks actually regulate the electricity, I feel its more important to have the apple branded bricks than the cables.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
So the mac and iPad cables dont need a certification but the lightning cables do? Just tryin to make sense of this.
I think it’s harder to lock that down since usb-c is an industry standard now. I’m guessing apple would want third party companies to be certified if they’re gonna put “for iPad” on the box but what’s to stop me from buying any old usb-c cable now and using it with my Mac?

I don’t have any good answers for you because this was just stuff I heard from other people that may not be true.

I have had issues with thunderbolt 3 / USB-C cables on the MacBook only to be told that I have the wrong one
So the mac and iPad cables dont need a certification but the lightning cables do? Just tryin to make sense of this.

edit: just read up on it. I get it now.

if they go wireless i hope they at least do smart connector or I’ll have to go android, need that wired CarPlay.
It was just folks talking but I can’t remember where I saw that. All speculation I guess.

But there’s a problem now with the USB-C because apple calls theirs thunderbolt 3 cables and the geniuses that create the industry standard fukked up regulating this shyt. So now I can have 3 of the same looking cable with no way to tell them apart but they all have different transfer speeds and power. Some won’t output video from a dock to a monitor, some won’t charge and some won’t recognize the dock at all. I feel like this has something to do with apple not going all in yet. Probably seriously going to try and bypass it and go straight wireless. Especially since they’re serious about not providing the chargers in the box now.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
All this other stuff is cool but I haven’t seen anyone talk about the best new feature.

Apple Music finally remembers where I left off on a song after I close it and go back into a day later (like Spotify been doing forever)

:blessed: