Apple event 2023

Daps
Reppin
NULL
S23u has 8K, Apple doesn't.
S23u has 200MP, Apple doesn't.
S23u has 10X Optical zoom, Apple doesn’t.
S23u has 4 cameras and a better camera system.

In what professional workflow is 10x optical zoom,8k and 200MP on smartphone going to fit into?

Your listing these specs but I’m willing to bet that when the reviews are out, professionals will unanimously give it to the 13 pros particularly as far as video is concerned.

It’s not going to be about a spec sheet. It’s going to be about the real world application. recording in the ACES standard is one of those things that removes barriers for professional use

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
In what professional workflow is 10x optical zoom,8k and 200MP on smartphone going to fit into?

Your listing these specs but I’m willing to bet that when the reviews are out, professionals will unanimously give it to the 13 pros particularly as far as video is concerned.

It’s not going to be about a spec sheet. It’s going to be about the real world application. recording in the ACES standard is one of those things that removes barriers for professional use
When using 8k pro video if you screencapture its gonna be a 33MP photo.

10x Optical Zoom is fukking brilliant. When I was overseas this summer I forgot to buy a sim for the country I was gonna be in (Australia). When I was exploring the city of Melbourne, there was only so much I could do with Google Maps. Now imagine this, you stand at the corner of the street and you look down and see lots of signs for shops. Your curious, you wanna know more cause visually seeing something in the camera is better than looking at it on the Maps app. So you point the camera down the street and you're pretty much using both optical zoom and digital zoom as a pair of binoculars.

200MP doesn't have that strong of a zoom but the quality is amazing if you're shooting in RAW. ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT

Y'all actually need to pick up these damn phones and play with them next time you go to the store. That's how I figure out which phones to buy. I literally test them right there and then at the store. Take pictures! Look at the options! Zoom in or Ultrawide zoom out!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your curious, you wanna know more cause visually seeing something in the camera is better than looking at it on the Maps app. So you point the camera down the street and you're pretty much using both optical zoom and digital zoom as a pair of binoculars.

Yes, I can see very useful applicants for this this. Not going to help with the focal lungs I use to sell video content but i want that

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
There was no argument about that. 10x zoom still not making it into any video project I’m selling.

This is what I do for a living

I have no professional application for 10x zoom

I like your vid. Now imagine you doing a shot where you have a normal video, then use a transition that actually has a shot in the same framing but its zoomed in on him at 10x optical zoom from a distance. Then zoom back out and pan to the sky or ground for the next transition. I love video editing.

I recorded this just now but it's not in Landscape mode. You can still do the same shot in Landscape.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@ 10 dollar a day you are better off with GoogleFI which would be unlimited Data included in the cost of your normal plan lol
I get 24 travel pass days per year at no charge. and I don't have to change my number. haven't looked into google fi in quite some time

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I NEVER EVER buy phones with storage more than the standard amount. and the reason is cuz apple doesn't give u extra money when it's time to trade in when u have more storage, yet ur paying more for the phone.
That’s because the storage upgrade cost next to nothing for Apple and is all profit. They aren’t giving that back. Selling an Apple phone yourself is almost always going to be more profitable than taking their wack trade in offer.

The only phones people should be trading in are Samsung phones because Samsung constantly gives more in trade in than the phone is worth resell. I think the most Apple is giving is like $650 on a trade in. My 1TB 14 Pro could fetch at least $1000 on Swappa.