Apparently, Drake put the Migos on and brought Atlanta back to life

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
This is a lie. I love Drake and the Migos but the Migos had buzz before Drake hopped on Versace. This is revionist history. Did the song get even bigger when Drake got on it? Yes. But they already had motion with Jugg Season and YRN.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
G4h.gif

Drake is the Jerry Maguire of rap.

"Help me, help you. Help me help you. Help ME. Help YOU"

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coach K: Drake helped tremendously
Migos: Drake helped tremendously
Random Coli User: :duck:

he’s overselling it. drake definitely helped push them over the top. but the migos were gonna pop regardless. i truly believe that.

the youngins in the southeast were already fukking with them heavy; everyone else just had to catch up.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
he’s overselling it. drake definitely helped push them over the top. but the migos were gonna pop regardless. i truly believe that.

the youngins in the southeast were already fukking with them heavy; everyone else just had to catch up.

He's not over selling it, he never said it.

Watch the video. All he said was "Drake gave the song a big platform with OVO Radio", something like that.

Like I said these cats are reacting to and agreeing with fake quotes. That Twitter account is a Drake stan.

Fred.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
@TheBeesOneFourThree you know you my guy, so put your earmuffs on for this because I don't want to hurt your feelings but.....

Are we ready to talk about the hypocrisy and contradictions in damn near half of what Dot said or did during this beef?
1) "fukk the big 3 its just big me" - he says, as the featured artist on a Future & Metro song. Just big me huh? :pachaha:

2) Same thing with the last verse on Not Like Us and all the things Drake went and got from the ATL artists he named. Meanwhile the first big Dot song in YEARS - Like That - is again a Future & Metro record :francis:

Drake has done more for each all those ATL artists that were named then Kendrick has done for ALL of them together. And there's more we can add to this list, but I'll stop here. He smoked Drake, that's not up for debate, just saying :manny:

If I was a bettin man, I’d bet Kendrick got the call for the feature not the other way around.

Last edited:

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
My questions with the Drake stimulus is why is it not working for his own label?
A lot of the artists on OVO reflect a niche R&B taste that really isn’t aligned with what’s hot on the pop charts. I like Majid Jordan and Naomi Sharon’s music a lot. The folks in here acting as if Drake kept these artists from being Taylor Swift status are arguing in bad faith.