Apparently, Drake put the Migos on and brought Atlanta back to life

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
stop this

they didnt have a 10 year run.

they were hot for 4/5 years max (really 1 year. Cause after Culture dropped they kept flopping)

and you can’t say they were the #1 rap group because they were the only rap group out
The bolded is why I shouldn't even entertain what you're saying but I'll do it anyways :mjlol:

Versace dropped in 2013, that was their breakout in the mainstream. Some would argue they were buzzing back in 2012.

They dropped countless hit platinum singles between then and their last album Culture 3 in 2021(album underperformed but produced 2 platinum singles). Their peak was 2018 with Culture 2(which sold more than Culture 1 so you're wrong) but to act like they became irrelevant and wasn't a factor after that is bullshyt, especially considering they all had their shyt they did outside of the group as well.

They had a longer run as a relevant hitmaking rap group than the vast majority of groups in rap history.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
They were playing the original Versace in the club up here in Canada before Drake jumped on the remix
:mjlol:

Same thing with Tony Montana by future
:mjlol:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m not a Migos guy at all but I’ll go to my ATL guys( since I’m from Augusta) Wouldn’t Migos have made it with or without Drake? I feel like that’s the case. Him jumping on that remix was definitely good for them though.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake stole their flow and slang on that song.

And not only did he jack their flow and lingo he actually bragged about it in his verse :mjlol:

Read more at: Versace (Remix) Lyrics – Migos ft. Drake

Drake don't know shyt about that

A lot of remixes have the guest rapping in the style of the original and even using the slang. Its not that far fetched or even a violation. Imagine if Jay Z's "Ha" verse would've been a huge improvement had he kept with the style of the original instead of doing whatever it was he was doing.

And to say Drake was biting flows and longo when he had writers, and one of the most botable ones is from Atlanta, is just dumb.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see why people would argue aginst this all while admitting Drake gave the song a bigger platform. "Versace" was already a hot song, but it became bigger. I don't know where this he brought Atlanta back came from though. And a lot of the timelines are off in here.

And then people rewrite history loke they've never seen artists hop on a hot song before unofficially.

Drake is corny and has been dropping wack music for years, but there was definitely a time when a Drake verse put more ears onto a song or artist.