Apartment Buildings Are a Great Investmest Brehs

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You hire a property management company and they handle collecting the rent and maintenance usually for 10-20% of the rent.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You'll never have to worry about being broke as long as you got people paying you rent every month from multiple residences. I'm about to get into it real soon. Look at what 400,000 can get you in Birmingham, I know it's the hood but it's still multiple checks coming in monthly.

1440 21st St N, Birmingham, AL, 35234 - Apartments Property For Sale on LoopNet.com
I seen people take L's with apartments breh, especially in low income neighbourhoods. They can be a major liability on maintenance and other costs. That's how brehs end up becoming slum lords sometimes, can't even afford to fix their shyts.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Damn. Loads of negativity in this thread

Rapped @G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman this has got me thinking. I've always wanted to get into investment properties but never considered a block of apartments or rooms. I'm looking in certain areas and there's some good opportunities out there if you have the capital, some yield 10% or around. I'm years from being able to make a move like that but it's interesting to still research
I'm not surprised. Most people work for someone else because they don't believe in themselves so if anyone comes along with an idea for them to fly on their own they'll find a reason not to do it.

In my opinion it's far riskier putting your faith in an employer that can fire you at any second.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Half my circle of close friends rents out property within driving distance. Some of them know trades to help drive down costs. Their experience hasn't been anywhere near as negative as thecoli makes it seem. :heh:

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Crazy tennants is what the problem is with this, unless you can luck out and just get some students close to a STEM college and try to get them as the only tennants. You have to worry about people with kids if their kids tear shyt up. Like kids will fck up the plumbing by flushing toys and stuff down the toilet. Folks sneak in pets if you have a no pets policy, cat urine RUINS floors, folks try to have they're "cousins" stay with them etc....I saw all this stuff when I worked with contractors and property managers.....and these issues were from mixed races of tennants :francis:

It's good to have property though, build wealth:myman:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Half my circle of close friends rents out property within driving distance. Some of them know trades to help drive down costs. Their experience hasn't been anywhere near as negative as thecoli makes it seem. :heh:
Yea that's what I'm saying :stopitslime:. My dad converted our basement (you could call it that) to an apartment when he was jobless for a for a period and it was the best thing he could've done. Once you get a tenant who's quiet and pays on time it's the perfect situation. If something needs fixing like the shower, or an appliance he just does it himself. All this property management talk is foreign to me. nikkas just advertise their property on social media and the newspaper if you're old

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
This is the coli, if you don't have certs then your hustle is bound to fail with these dudes :mjlol:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Crazy tennants is what the problem is with this, unless you can luck out and just get some students close to a STEM college and try to get them as the only tennants. You have to worry about people with kids if their kids tear shyt up. Like kids will fck up the plumbing by flushing toys and stuff down the toilet. Folks sneak in pets if you have a no pets policy, cat urine RUINS floors, folks try to have they're "cousins" stay with them etc....I saw all this stuff when I worked with contractors and property managers.....and these issues were from mixed races of tennants :francis:

It's good to have property though, build wealth:myman:

Word you always hear bad tenants make or break the experience. Gotta almost assume they're gonna smoke and bring in pets regardless what your policy says. You see a lot of places ask for more than a months worth of rent for the security deposit these days. Insurance, plus helps weed out the bums.

Yea that's what I'm saying :stopitslime:. My dad converted our basement (you could call it that) to an apartment when he was jobless for a for a period and it was the best thing he could've done. Once you get a tenant who's quiet and pays on time it's the perfect situation. If something needs fixing like the shower, or an appliance he just does it himself. All this property management talk is foreign to me. nikkas just advertise their property on social media and the newspaper if you're old

Was the basement already finished//waterproofed or was it straight concrete? :whew:

Only one friend I know uses a property manager, but he has 3 properties with his parents. Idk if that has anything to do with it.

The others get their own tenants and fill in the lease gaps with airbnb. One solely uses airbnb because of how profitable it is. All on their own, no middleman. They're regular brehs working 9-5 with middle class wages. :manny:

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Sounds good but not that easy. That $145,000 is factoring in you having full occupation for 12 months, and you know it doesn't always work that way. You also have to pay taxes, pay for maintenance, pay any staff you employ. Say t your only employee is a maintenance man thats atleast 50k salary you got to account for. You also overlooking if you need to pay any legal fees because of evictions or late payments, forming rental documents. Your not factoring in any security cost or administrative overhead, insurance....etc.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Sounds good but not that easy. That $145,000 is factoring in you having full occupation for 12 months, and you know it doesn't always work that way. You also have to pay taxes, pay for maintenance, pay any staff you employ. Say t your only employee is a maintenance man thats atleast 50k salary you got to account for. You also overlooking if you need to pay any legal fees because of evictions or late payments, forming rental documents. Your not factoring in any security cost or administrative overhead, insurance....etc.
Bullshyt. My Uncle was one and all he got was a rent free apartment and a few hundred dollars a month.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
High debt/intense capital investment upfront, outside factors will dictate your revenue (jobs, schools, other developers, etc.) and you still have maintenance and the BS of dealing with that many people in general. No thanks. Much rather put that kind of money in the Vanguard 500 and go to sleep soundly.