Apartment Buildings Are a Great Investmest Brehs

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Taxes and expenses to fix shyt, a super, etc eating a lot of that. Add in the fact that depending on where it's at you might have some vacancies. Then the cost of hiring an agent to rent the units etc etc. It's not just all into your bank account
You can have a property manager/super that gets a free apartment along with a $200 a month salary which would cut into profit but not by much.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Most homes out here in the Bay cost more than that and these banks are giving nurses loans for $600,000 homes. If they know you're purchasing rental property they're more likely to give you the loan because they can see the return more likely.

Breh getting a mortgage is even more complicated unless you already have mad capital.Any mistake and the computer/bank will refuse to borrow you money.

I didn't say the entire $145,200 would be profit. So if you include maintenance and property tax how much do you think you'll net from that $145,200? I'm sure it's still enough to make you happy while sitting on your ass and going to the mailbox every month.

If you are the landlord you have to do mad logistics and be up to date with property and rental laws.You will also need insure your property and tenants can fukk your shyt up.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
You’re really painting the perfect scenario, it’s not anywhere near that easy.

Assuming you have the perfect tenants(which you won’t), repairs, taxes, and other fees you haven’t even considered will eat into all that profit. How much is a reliable property manager going to cost you? That person better damn near be Superman, or a lot of those headaches are going to be on you.
When I worked at a bank, my boss did this shyt on the side. I think he spent more office time on his rentals than his actual job. He was stressed as fukk.

My dad has two properties we only rent to relatives. They aren’t bad people or problematic, and that shyt is still difficult to deal with.
Imagine what it’ll be like when you’re dealing with 22 households of regular people.
:damn:

Last edited:

Bumblebreh

Daps
Or you can get with 4 brehs (or however many) and start a Real Estate Fund and go to a bank with that

4 brehs each putting in 5K is 20K... not too sizeable of a down payment, but decent for a bank to want to fund you with 4 people as collateral

You then switch shifts managing the property, and you each collect 3K a month. The loan payment on 400K with 20 down is probably around 3K a month, so if you round up and pay 4K a month, you and the brehs are each making 2K a month on just this flip :ehh:

Do that a few times and you and your friends are now managing and owning 6-7 properties making money collecting rent.

that is not really a good investment

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best deals are the ones you cultivate yourself

It's best to find an investor or use seller financing if you don't want to use credit.

An easy way to get quality tenants is to throw a party for your best tenants
so you coerce their friends to move in your building.

If you don't want to use a property management company ... off an apartment rent free for an on site caretaker

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Breh getting a mortgage is even more complicated unless you already have mad capital.Any mistake and the computer/bank will refuse to borrow you money.

If you are the landlord you have to do mad logistics and be up to date with property and rental laws.You will also need insure your property and tenants can fukk your shyt up.
Do you rent or own?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
that is not really a good investment

It's not a bad one.

If the numbers I mentioned work out (and :whoa: I'm not a banker) you'd recoup your initial investment back in a few months.

If you were smart you could pay the complex off quickly (in about 5-6 years with the rental income) and then you and your friends are liquid a couple Gs a month.

You aren't making that kind of money in the stock market :manny:

Bumblebreh

Daps
Do you rent or own?

currently rent

It's not a bad one.

If the numbers I mentioned work out (and :whoa: I'm not a banker) you'd recoup your initial investment back in a few months.

If you were smart you could pay the complex off quickly (in about 5-6 years with the rental income) and then you and your friends are liquid a couple Gs a month.

You aren't making that kind of money in the stock market :manny:

The numbers have to accurate or you are going to be make a mistake that will translate to a loss.Now the people who are buying up property or land in areas that are going to be the next gentrification hotspots in 5 - 10 years will see profit.There is no way in which you can pay off a property in short period with only 20k as a deposit.
As an investor you should be thinking about the long term appreciation rates so lets say we go ten years straight after the recession in which prices have dipped and that would have been the ideal time to buy up property.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Damn. Loads of negativity in this thread

Rapped @G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman this has got me thinking. I've always wanted to get into investment properties but never considered a block of apartments or rooms. I'm looking in certain areas and there's some good opportunities out there if you have the capital, some yield 10% or around. I'm years from being able to make a move like that but it's interesting to still research