storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Current Dem leadership has pretty much given those battles away as it is. Schumer has been bargaining away any chance to delay these appointments for years. Here are a couple of examples:

Democrats agree to confirmations of 15 Trump judges

While the House Impeaches, the Senate Will Confirm 13 More Trump Judges

So I'd actually include taking this issue seriously as part of the changes we're looking for.

I thought all McConnell needed was 51 votes. He has 53. What does he need Democrat for?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I thought all McConnell needed was 51 votes. He has 53. What does he need Democrat for?

The idea is to delay and drag out the proceedings. The additional benefit would be to call more attention to the appointments and how serious of an impact they have on our legislative future. So you galvanize the base to realize that the GOP is passing some horrendous judges and also to force the GOP to put in the maximum time necessary to pass each of these guy. Call more attention to the problem, make these guys work their damndest to get the Judges through.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dems definitely about to take another L this year fighting over this dumb shyt. :francis:
dems have an untenable coalition regardless, IMO. i don't know how they hold together all these special interest groups as well as centrist/moderate and progressive economic factions. unless they decide what 3-4 tenets all dems will stand on (similar to repubs with guns, low taxes and morality), i don't see how this party will ever be effective.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The idea is to delay and drag out the proceedings. The additional benefit would be to call more attention to the appointments and how serious of an impact they have on our legislative future. So you galvanize the base to realize that the GOP is passing some horrendous judges and also to force the GOP to put in the maximum time necessary to pass each of these guy. Call more attention to the problem, make these guys work their damndest to get the Judges through.

You think the media is actually gonna make news stories about these judges?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
and it has, I’ve read more about Trump’s appointments than any previous administration in my life

Mainly on two occasions:
1. When Schumer works out these deals to pass a group of judges at once
2. When a judge who the ABA calls unqualified gets passed through anyway

But I don't think the scope of this has been well covered outside of a few good spots. I remember Vox did a deep look at the implications of this once.