AOC tells DCCC fundraising coalition to go f-ck itself

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why we love her. These privileged cats think she's gonna help them fund candidates to take out people who would come in and help her pass laws?

Also, shameless plug, but I spent a bit of time in my podcast talking about how Bernie's fundraising and the progressive fundraising before this has started to shed light that there's an alternative option to running successfully. You don't have to bend the knee to the DCCC for funding, they can try to ice you in other ways (threats to consultants who help you and Buttar mentioned in an interview how Congressional members have said they can't support him publicly for fear of being sabotaged by their own party), but fundraising is possible without these self-interested cats who only care about maintaining their own power. Quoted below with the time stamp bolded for anyone interested in that bit.

Got my weekly Bernie Sanders segment onto the podcast again. It wound up overlapping with a convo about Andrew Yang not making the Ohio ballots (@FAH1223 ), but my main aim this week was to talk about how Bernie's outraising everyone via small donors might speak to down ballot candidates being able to use a similar fundraising strategy. It's kinda rolling into what I've been speaking on both on the podcast and a bit in this thread, that we should look at Bernie's presidential run and already see a victory here. Because he's helping pave a new lane and prove that there are alternative strategies that can help us build a larger progressive presence in legislative politics (we've got the activism game on lock).

We also hit some other lefty friendly topics. Finland damn near erasing homelessness (happy to see a thread on that topic went up), Australian Wildfires another example of climate change damage, Trump attacking windmills for killing birds when domestic cats are taking out a much larger amount of birds, Illinois' governor pardoning 11,000 marijuana related convictions and a few thoughts on Iran though we want to cover that on a more serious and focused podcast. Give me a look fam, I'm tryna merge some fun topics with lefty beliefs and strategy to draw in newcomers but I think it's pretty entertaining.

Time stamps so you can just check the Bernie spot or other topics that interest you.
UFO's in NJ 2019 stats 4:00
Finland ends homelessness 9:50
Bernie Sanders out raises every Dem 16:00 (honestly we get sidetracked but revisit it around 22:00)
Andrew Yang not on Ohio ballot 17:40

Let me remind you 28:10
Killer Cats vs Windmills 33:00
Australian Fires and Foxhoven award to the Irwins 40:35
I.L. Governor pardons 11k people 46:20
Kevin Spacey accusers keep dying 49:30
Out of Line 53:15
Killing of Qasem Soleimani 57:20
After Hours 60:00

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
:mjgrin:I was just thinking that... everyone loves AOC, but they arent paying attention to the big picture.
Until the establishment embraces the evolution of their own party (progressives) then they’re going to keep splintering and fracturing their own party. Resistance to change will be the downfall. The main problem is the establishment are rich oligarch corporate types & view progressive policies as threats to their precious profit margins. These progressive policies are inevitable. You think in 50 years we’re still going to be arguing over universal healthcare? They’re just delaying the inevitable

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:mjgrin:I was just thinking that... everyone loves AOC, but they arent paying attention to the big picture.

The people that love AOC want to change the party's values. They can't do that if she's bankrolling the current power structure which has actively sought to block individuals whose values match AOC's at every turn. The article even alludes to this. People are paying attention and thinking long term about THEIR goals rather than just following the current leadership unquestioning.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
No it's the opposite AOC is thinking past the current election cycle with this. This is about the party going forward for decades.

The people that love AOC want to change the party's values. They can't do that if she's bankrolling the current power structure which has actively sought to block individuals whose values match AOC's at every turn. The article even alludes to this. People are paying attention and thinking long term about THEIR goals rather than just following the current leadership unquestioning.

I understand the long term goals :hubie:
But i think you may be underestimating the short term ramifications.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. You can't rebuild without destroying first. These old fogies are standing in the way of progress it is actually their fault not the new blood. :francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Curious what you think those ramifications are (not being a smart ass here when I ask). The AOC model was to target a Dem in a comfortably blue district, although I admit, we're rolling out options in competitive districts too which is something we've gotta try. But in terms of the main goal, it's to move blue districts' further left.

Edit: Just to throw it in, we can see some examples of primary challengers helping push candidates in some prior situations. I'm a tri-state head, Cuomo's legislation in light of Cynthia Nixon stands out most of all but also Hakeem Jeffries has made some moves that I don't believe he would have prior to the threat of AOC endorsing a challenger.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Curious what you think those ramifications are (not being a smart ass here when I ask). The AOC model was to target a Dem in a comfortably blue district, although I admit, we're rolling out options in competitive districts too which is something we've gotta try. But in terms of the main goal, it's to move blue districts' further left.

Edit: Just to throw it in, we can see some examples of primary challengers helping push candidates in some prior situations. I'm a tri-state head, Cuomo's legislation in light of Cynthia Nixon stands out most of all but also Hakeem Jeffries has made some moves that I don't believe he would have prior to the threat of AOC endorsing a challenger.
Even Katz who beat AOC's choice for Queens DA is bucking the Establishment a bit.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Even Katz who beat AOC's choice for Queens DA is bucking the Establishment a bit.

Yeah fam, idk if people realize how big a change NYC's legislative politics underwent. Between AOC's win and Nixon exposing the IDC, we've ushered in a lot of change-minded legislators at every level. They're not being pressured by BS either (the bail reform fight recently is a good example). Even those who didn't come in as parts of this wave have been put on notice that they could get got, if they buck what the constituents want, because a progressive will come along and speak to the priorities of the people.

That said, I also don't know if this strategy works everywhere. I just know that we're in the first stage of attempting it more broadly. So much so that we're still building the mechanisms to make it work. People point to the progressives and Justice Dems who lost when the DCCC was providing them no support, even in some winnable races where Republicans won instead, but we're basically at the ground level of this thing. Bernie 2016's impact whether he wins the nomination or not is that he got this ball rolling. His 2020 impact whether he wins or loses will be the networks he's built and the thousands of people that are receiving training all the way down to volunteers.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah fam, idk if people realize how big a change NYC's legislative politics underwent. Between AOC's win and Nixon exposing the IDC, we've ushered in a lot of change-minded legislators at every level. They're not being pressured by BS either (the bail reform fight recently is a good example). Even those who didn't come in as parts of this wave have been put on notice that they could get got if they buck what the constituents want because a progressive will come along and speak to the priorities of the people.

That said, I also don't know if this strategy works everywhere. I just know that we're in the first stage of attempting it more broadly. So much so that we're still building the mechanisms to make it work. People point to the progressives and Justice Dems who lost when the DCCC was providing them no support, even in some winnable races where Republicans won instead, but we're basically at the ground level of this thing. Bernie 2016's impact whether he wins the nomination or not is that he got this ball rolling. His 2020 impact whether he wins or loses will be the networks he's built and the thousands of people that are receiving training all the way down to volunteers.
Yes, NY and other states/cities are primed for the progressive platform more than other places right now. But I think especially on the Dem side we can get too caught up in being cute and strategic instead of bold and standing by our morals. I would rather lose and forward progressive policies in a race than compromise to some weak centrist bullshyt and win and nothing gets done anyway. Conviction matters, especially in politics IMO.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yes, NY and other states/cities are primed for the progressive platform more than other places right now. But I think especially on the Dem side we can get too caught up in being cute and strategic instead of bold and standing by our morals. I would rather lose and forward progressive policies in a race than compromise to some weak centrist bullshyt and win and nothing gets done anyway. Conviction matters, especially in politics IMO.

Agreed 100%, Bernie's 2016 primary loss moved the entire party's rhetoric left and has become a massive victory for progressive values in this country. A big factor is that a lot of people haven't even been exposed to the actual progressive ideas, but rather just some slogans and strawmen by both Republicans and Centrist Dems. A loss might help plant a seed for the next one.