Anyone's employer started lay-offs already?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
We are hiring folks.. Hopefully not too many though where they end up having to lay folks off

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Has nothing to do with WFH.
I will say the layoffs of middle management are because of wfh. My job laid off a few people from my department because it was too many of us. They laid off a bunch of AVP/ managers. They told us they were done for now but as someone who has gone through one before I don’t trust people.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I'm switching over to one of the most critical teams soon plus we're ALL short staffed so thank God, no :wow:

I been laid off by back to back jobs and the shyt sucks

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We’re still hiring. I spent the last couple years getting government/heavy civil contracts specifically for the purpose of carrying us through the recession.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I think the WFH people who don’t want to come back to the office, will definitely be let go.

My company has a 100,000 sq ft building and there’s probably less than 20 workers here. The rent has to be close to a half a mil a month. I can’t see them paying that for much longer without having people in the office. The new hires just got computers to take home but something tells me that they’ll want us back in the office by January.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
As job markets tighten bc of earnings and the fiduciary responsibility to share holders escalate companies will force employees in. Recessions aren't when the employee has the trump card breh. Its called having zero leverage when theres 100s of ppl willing to do ur job in office and for less...shyt is gonna change and the dummies standing up for rights they don't have are gonna be let go.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
WFH hasn’t got much to do with my companies redundancies; some of these people have been here 20 years plus. I work in a major IT organisation and the redundancies were on the news before we heard about it.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Companies need to downsize offices to save money instead of forcing folks back to the office, it’s fukkin upside down. Makes 0 sense. Save money on rent, save time, increase productivity , instead of this collaboration creativity bullshyt story