Anyone's employer started lay-offs already?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
It is about EBITDA(and EPS if public) but lets be real, 95% of people have never read a financial statement let alone a 10-K in their lives or know why companies make the decisions they do based on that information.

If I’m getting laid off, I don’t think that info makes me feel any better, you know?
True. And as someone who knows the numbers intimately and has participated in the analysis that results in layoffs...i dont feel any better about it myself either. I could have 95% of the information and that other 5% is me and the reasons I'm being let go.

I've seen that okie doke happen more than a few times.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Current job needs to hire about 5 more people. Old job just hired 30....and they probably need at least 20 more.
Our executive team is talking layoffs and we have over 100 jobs posted on our website. With a freeze on any other positions (has to be approved by CEO personally).

So hiring isn't necessarily a sign that there aren't going to be layoffs. You can be willing to invest in certain areas and sacrifice others. Microsoft just laid off 1000 people. I bet they have more jobs available than that globally.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not yet, they've required a certain segment of the workforce (basically if you were originally hired to work in the office, you gotta go back) to go back to office. Alot of those folks have left the company in the past 1-2 months.
yeah they did the same to me, ima go back tho because I haven't finished my degree yet and I got benefits.
Ya boy too old to be out here without health insurance

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah they did the same to me, ima go back tho because I haven't finished my degree yet and I got benefits.
Ya boy too old to be out here without health insurance

Sorry about that playa. I was hired Remote :francis:

Daps
Our executive team is talking layoffs and we have over 100 jobs posted on our website. With a freeze on any other positions (has to be approved by CEO personally).

So hiring isn't necessarily a sign that there aren't going to be layoffs. You can be willing to invest in certain areas and sacrifice others. Microsoft just laid off 1000 people. I bet they have more jobs available than that globally.
Agreed 100%.

morris

Superstar
Daps
welp, if anyone gets laid off hope your job at least pays you on the ay out like these guys; btw, those that get a job w/in 2 months are gonna be paid, paid

a snippet:
How we’re handling departures

Around 14% of people at Stripe will be leaving the company. We, the founders, made this decision. We overhired for the world we’re in (more on that below), and it pains us to be unable to deliver the experience that we hoped that those impacted would have at Stripe.

There’s no good way to do a layoff, but we’re going to do our best to treat everyone leaving as respectfully as possible and to do whatever we can to help. Some of the core details include:

• Severance pay. We will pay 14 weeks of severance for all departing employees, and more for those with longer tenure. That is, those departing will be paid until at least February 21st 2023.
  • Bonus. We will pay our 2022 annual bonus for all departing employees, regardless of their departure date. (It will be prorated for people hired in 2022.)
  • PTO. We’ll pay for all unused PTO time (including in regions where that’s not legally required).
  • Healthcare. We’ll pay the cash equivalent of 6 months of existing healthcare premiums or healthcare continuation.
  • RSU vesting. We’ll accelerate everyone who has already reached their one-year vesting cliff to the February 2023 vesting date (or longer, depending on departure date). For those who haven’t reached their vesting cliffs, we'll waive the cliff.
  • Career support. We’ll cover career support, and do our best to connect departing employees with other companies. We’re also creating a new tier of extra large Stripe discounts for anyone who decides to start a new business now or in the future.
  • Immigration support. We know that this situation is particularly tough if you’re a visa holder. We have extensive dedicated support lined up for those of you here on visas (you’ll receive an email setting up a consultation within a few hours), and we’ll be supporting transitions to non-employment visas wherever we can.