Anyone's employer started lay-offs already?

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
We just consolidated 9 engineering teams into 3. They told us expect some “staff reductions to reduce redundancy”.

As much as I hate interfacing with clients directly, I’m glad I’m still in implementations. It’s so stressful that people quit before they have a chance to lay anyone off. Team shrinking on its own.

:mjlol:

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I've went through layoffs twice I work in oil & gas. My first time being laid off was right before Thanksgiving 2016. They gave me a nice sevarnce package so I just chilled the whole holiday season and right after New Years I got back on the hunt and had an offer 3 days later. It was a blessing because some of my old coworkers were without work for 6 months or longer.

The second time I was laid off was actually earlier this year in January. I got an even better severance package so I chilled, did a lil traveling, had an insane workout schedule, of course spunt time with my kids traveled with them and etc. I got back on the job hunt in June & got the offer for my current job in July. I'm no longer in oil and gas even though the pay is good, job security is a real concern unfortunately. I currently work in an industry thats practically layoff proof and the pay for my role is comparable to what I got in oil and gas plus I still get to work from home and have time to pursue other interests.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
The FED already told you they were trying to bring up unemployment and take money out of the hands of people to drive demand down and prices. Crazy how they manipulate people's lives.
I remember seeing that video, you still have the link by any chance