Anyone who has not played Sekiro getting ghost of tsushima?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Some people just don't want to accept if you don't like Soulstype games. I played the OG on PS3 and damn near every one on PS4 except Sekiro but sometimes you don't want methodical combat.

We get it, you play everything on ultra hard with a controller that half the buttons broken :stopitslime:

I actually like souls games I just didn’t connect with sekiro. It felt extremely shallow.

All the ninja tools and abilities you get don’t even feel like they count for much. There are very specific ways to beat certain enemies which can include one or two tools and everything outside of that method is useless. There’s no variety when it comes to combat, customization, and even level designs feel linear.

If you don’t like the constantly tug-o-war parrying system then you just aren’t gonna like the game. I honestly got tired of it after awhile

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Other than the being samurai games they're realy not that similar...
This

Ghost of Tshushima creators said they were influenced by red dead redemption when making their game. Westerns as a genre were influenced by samurai movies so i can see the two games being very similiar.

Seikero just looks like a darksouls game with a samurai skin.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This

Ghost of Tshushima creators said they were influenced by red dead redemption when making their game. Westerns as a genre were influenced by samurai movies so i can see the two games being very similiar.

Seikero just looks like a darksouls game with a shinobi skin.

:ufdup:

Also that's pretty reductive imo. One of Sekiro's high points was its departure from the DS/BB dark dreary aesthetic.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see while the same genre they are very different.

It's almost like smash and street fighter. Both fighting games but done in very different ways.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:ufdup:

Also that's pretty reductive imo. One of Sekiro's high points was its departure from the DS/BB dark dreary aesthetic.
Does the main character even talk? I need motivation for all the death and mayhem. In story driven games you usually have a reason for every single fight.
In red dead 2 the first gun fight is because an opposing gang recognized you, the second fight is because you are attempting the rob a train, etc. No random encounters where you just fight people simply because you encounter them while trying to get from point a to point b. Random violence gets boring after a while.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does the main character even talk? I need motivation for all the death and mayhem. In story driven games you usually have a reason for every single fight.
In red dead 2 the first gun fight is because an opposing gang recognized you, the second fight is because you are attempting the rob a train, etc. No random encounters where you just fight people simply because you encounter them while trying to get from point a to point b. Random violence gets boring after a while.

Man of few words but he definitely talks. And he does everything in the name of protecting his Lord, essentially a bodyguard. Following the shinobi Iron Code taught by his adopted father. There's also conflicts in his convictions, following his father's words vs his heart, and some other themes. Actually if you are only familiar with DS or BB, the story is a HEAVY departure. It's actually a presented, straightforward story (outside of multiple endings) that you more-or-less can't miss, but you can fill in details. Some boss fights are just progress gates, but I'm not saying all this to convince you it's a good game :russ: it was definitely my GOTY but everybody isn't receptive to FS. I would definitely say play it before you criticize tho