Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Daps

Knew they’d be back.
92-E96551-A250-4-D81-B03-E-44-ECD654-B3-BF.gif

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished up Industry S2 last night, thought it was better than S1. I like the show, but haven't quite caught the euphoric sense of praise that some critics seem to have for it. I will say it does take some surprising turns and overall has good performances :ehh:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Finished up Industry S2 last night, thought it was better than S1. I like the show, but haven't quite caught the euphoric sense of praise that some critics seem to have for it. I will say it does take some surprising turns and overall has good performances :ehh:

It is a foreign show (UK show) based on an American platform. A lot of American viewers have an aversion to foreign shows. If it wasn't for the forum, I would not really be into Gomorrah or Industry. The forum has put me on to a lot of foreign gems

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I bought a shirt from HBO so I can wear it and try to meet a fan of the show. lol. Hopefully attractive.

Tried to put half a dozen women (and probably a half dozen men too) I know on, and no one has ran with it, as condescending as it sounds, it's probably too sharp for US audiences.

It def. traffics in TV tropes, and well worn moves, montages, but there's something like less spoon feeding an audience in a lot of foreign TV. It reflects British cultural values more than US, and we all have a bias, sometimes we are unaware of.

An American show like this, would likely be so much softer around the edges, and just more broadly played. We like nice and reassuring themes. I read something great once about the overall theme of American conversations, casually is REASSURANCE, once I read that, I saw so much of that in interactions.

Last edited: